REPORTS TO: Head of Senior School
START DATE: August 30, 2021
CONTRACT: Full-time (1.0), 1 year term (maternity leave)
POSITION DATES: August 30, 2021 – June 30, 2022
TEACHING AT WPGA
At WPGA, we focus on the individual child, the whole person and a balanced life. We give each student transformative learning experiences rooted in inquiry, shaped by action and celebrated with joy. Teaching at WPGA is fulfilling, collaborative and dynamic. It’s also fun! Our Leadership Teams support our educators to teach with confidence; create relevant, creative curriculum and programs; build meaningful relationships with students and families; and develop professionally.
Our Senior School teachers are valued faculty members who, with the support of our senior school leadership and teaching teams, plan and deliver adaptive, future-focused curricula to students in grades 8-12. We are currently seeking candidates with the qualification to teach Science to Grades 8-12. The ability to teach Senior level Chemistry and Math up to Grade 10 is considered an asset.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and deliver engaging, future-focused lesson plans and interactive learning activities/materials that follow BC curriculum standards
- Adapt instructional materials to students’ individual education plans (IEPs)
- Conduct formal and informal assessment of students, including report cards, progress reports and marking
- Incorporate appropriate technology and media in lesson planning
- Participate in school life and co-curricular activities
- Model and promote our core values and high standards of behaviour in and out of the classroom
- Support students and families with open, on-going communication
- Actively participate in professional development sessions and faculty meetings
- Must be eligible to work in Canada at the time of application
- Valid BC teaching certification required
- Bachelor’s degree or higher qualification in education
- Independent school experience is an asset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter and continuous learner who values and has demonstrated teaching innovation and professional growth
- Positivity, enthusiasm and a sense of fun
- Adept at integrating technology in class lessons
- Team player who enjoys creative collaboration, and will work with colleagues to integrate programs and projects across disciplines, as appropriate
- Additional qualifications and experience teaching Senior level Chemistry (gr 11/12), and Math to Grade 10, is an asset
Please email a cover letter and résumé to WPGA Careers and in the subject line please write “SS Science Teacher – Maternity Leave”. We will continue to accept submissions until May 30, 2021 and will be evaluating them as they arrive. Your cover letter and résumé MUST be in one file and the file name MUST be LastnameFirstname. Word or PDF are the preferred formats. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.