REPORTS TO: Head of Senior School
CONTRACT DATES: February 1, 2022 – June 30, 2022 (Potential for Extension into 2022/2023)
FTE: Full-time (1.0)
TEACHING AT WPGA
At WPGA, we focus on the individual child, the whole person and a balanced life. We give each student transformative learning experiences rooted in inquiry, shaped by action and celebrated with joy. Teaching at WPGA is fulfilling, collaborative and dynamic. Our Leadership Teams support our educators to teach with confidence; create relevant, creative curriculum and programs; build meaningful relationships with students and families; and develop professionally.
Our Senior School teachers are valued faculty members who, with the support of our senior school leadership and teaching teams, plan and deliver adaptive, future-focused curricula to students in grades 8-12. We are currently seeking candidates with the qualifications to teach English, including English 8 and a Critical Thinking/Debate elective. Experience teaching grades 8-10 social studies is an asset.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
● Prepare and deliver engaging, future-focused lesson plans and interactive learning activities/materials that follow BC curriculum standards
● Adapt instructional materials to students’ individual education plans (IEPs)
● Conduct formal and informal assessment of students, including report cards, progress reports and marking
● Incorporate appropriate technology and media in lesson planning
● Participate in school life and cocurricular activities
● Model and promote our core values and high standards of behaviour in and out of the classroom
● Support students and families with open, ongoing communication
● Actively participate in professional development sessions and faculty meetings
● Bachelor’s degree or higher qualification in education
● Valid BC teaching certification
● Must be eligible to work in Canada at the time of application
● Additional qualifications and experience in the above listed teachable subjects an asset
● Adept at integrating technology in class lessons
● A passion for and experience working with adolescents
● Independent school experience is an asset
● Team player who enjoys creative collaboration, and will work with colleagues to integrate programs and projects across disciplines, as appropriate
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
● Self-starter and continuous learner who values and has demonstrated teaching innovation and professional growth
● Positivity, enthusiasm and a sense of fun
Please email a cover letter and résumé to WPGA Careers citing “SS English Mat Leave” in the subject line. Your cover letter and résumé MUST be in one file and the file name MUST be Lastname Firstname. Word or PDF are the preferred formats. We will be reviewing applications as they are received with immediate progression towards our interview process. This posting will remain open until November 15, 2021 or until it’s filled, if this date is sooner. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.