Fraser Academy is seeking a full-time Middle and Senior School Math Teacher to join our team of educators in January of the 2021 – 2022 school year.
Fraser Academy is a fully accredited day school, which focuses on educating students in Grades 2-12 with language-based learning disabilities. These students are taught in small class sizes with up to ten students. Each student receives one-to-one language training daily and works with a variety of subject specialist teachers.
Fraser Academy is also an accredited member of the Canadian Accredited Independent Schools (CAIS), the Independent Schools Association of British Columbia (ISABC), the International Dyslexia Association (IDA), and the Federation of Independent Schools Association (FISA).
Position: Middle & Senior School Math Teacher
Position Type: Full-Time
Reports to: Director, Academics & Curriculum, and Head of Department
As a Math Teacher, you will play an important role in developing mathematical thinking in students, and promoting math throughout the school. You will work with a collaborative, dynamic team of educators and staff who are passionate about the success of all learners. This role requires someone who can adapt and adjust their teaching to meet the diverse needs of each learner and is passionate about student success. Excellent instructional practice and an eagerness to learn and grow as an educator are required for this role.
- Belong to and collaborate with a team of dedicated professionals
- Continue professional growth and learning through a variety of development opportunities
- Participate in field trips, outdoor education trips, athletics, clubs, and leadership development
- Plan, teach & assess your students
- Support the development of the IEP for each student in your classes
- Design and implement lessons that build core competencies and support growth in executive functioning and cognitive processing using in-school programs (training provided)
- Participate in co-curricular and extracurricular activities that enhance students’ experiences at school
- Provides a dynamic, innovative, adaptive and enthusiastic learning experience to students
- Thrives in a collaborative, flexible and supportive team environment
- Strong organizational, time management skills
- An active commitment to ongoing professional growth and development
- Exemplary communication in English (oral and written) and interpersonal skills (students, colleagues, parents)
- Passion for continuous improvement
- 4 Year Bachelor’s Degree in a mathematical field of study relevant training. Additional minor in science is an asset
- 2+ years of experience teaching Math is an asset
- Work with students who have learning differences preferred
- Bachelor of Education
- BC Teacher certification (or equivalent)
- Independent school experience, and coaching/extracurricular experience are all assets.
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to Charlene Kane at [email protected] Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest, we look forward to hearing from you!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.