Position: Grade 6 Homeroom Teacher, Math & Science focus
Reports to: Principal, Junior School
Starting date: September 1, 2023
Closing date: May 30, 2023
St. George’s School has an opportunity for an experienced and energized teacher to join the Junior School.
We are seeking a teaching professional who understands the learning needs of boys and embraces 21st century learning in the classroom. Please indicate the recent professional development and co-curricular experience you possess as part of your candidacy for this position.
In order to provide the best possible learning environment for our highly diverse, multicultural student population, St. George’s actively seeks to recruit staff from groups that have been traditionally underrepresented in independent and international schools. BIPoC and 2SLGBTQ+ people and those with disabilities are warmly encouraged to apply, and invited to reach out for more information about our commitment to pluralism.
Responsibilities will include:
- Impassioned Grade 6 teacher who will inspire students.
- Implements and uses a variety of innovative teaching techniques that align with 21st century learning at all grade levels.
- Contributes to the Junior School as a whole in terms of improving and maintaining the highest standards in teaching and learning.
- Has the ability and desire to grow professionally through collaboration, reflection and continuous learning. Has a commitment to improving subject knowledge through professional development and applying key learnings to teaching craft.
- Providing delivery of an innovative curriculum and integrating technology in the classroom as part of best practices in a knowledge-building classroom.
- Providing program delivery based upon the specific learning needs of students.
- Building a strong rapport with students and supporting students in achieving their best, both in and outside of the classroom.
- Strong extra-curricular involvement required.
- Working with and responding to questions or concerns from parents.
Qualifications will include:
- BC Certified teacher with a minimum of two years’ experience, preferably at a Grade 6 level.
- Excellent knowledge and expertise in Math and Science.
- Ability to teach French an asset.
- Current in a range of teaching methodologies and an understanding of how to effectively implement 21st century learning practices within the classroom.
- Driven to keep current on pedagogical trends through reading the undertaking of regular relevant professional development opportunities.
- Strong classroom management abilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Dynamic, energetic and passionate individual who wishes to work in a highly focused environment with students who are keen to succeed.
- Key competencies and EQ in the following areas: self-awareness, self-management, empathy, social expertness, initiative and accountability.
Interested applicants should email their resume to: [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.