King David High School is a top-rated independent school in central Vancouver; we are members of ISABC and a CAIS candidate school. Our staff comes from all walks of life and backgrounds – we value diversity. King David staff enjoy working in a warm, collegial environment. We collaborate to create a fun and caring learning environment where our students strive to reach their potential by setting high standards and working hard. King David High School nurtures a Jewish culture characterized by a shared tradition, a common dedication to social justice, and a love for learning.
About the position:
We are looking for an individual who will bring a dedicated, dynamic and compassionate disposition to support students in our Learning Support Program. This individual would work collaboratively as part of a team and would be expected to manage students in both one-to-one and small group situations. The successful candidate must have the ability to support students in Mathematics and Science, through a minimum of Grade 10 (preference will be given to candidates who are capable at a higher academic level) as well having strong writing and editing skills. Understanding students with diverse learning needs and an ability to support students with organizational strategies and effective study habits is essential.
Requirements for the position:
- Competency in Grade 10 math and science courses though higher levels are preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly with staff, students and parents in person and by email
- Willingness and skill to use multiple approaches to teaching and supporting diverse learners
- Strong technology skills, including online research skills and support of learners online
- A gentle disposition that includes respect for difference to engage with students who may have challenging social-emotional needs or developmental disorders
- Ability to teach with kindness and flexibility to support students in their learning
- A commitment to always improve one’s teaching practice and the learning experience for students
- A positive role model / mentor for high school students
- You must value diversity as it relates to all people, including aspects of identity, as well as having respect for indigenous traditions and ways of knowing
Why work at King David:
- King David staff enjoy working in a warm, welcoming, modern and collegial environment
- Staff professional development is supported, both in and out of school, through conference attendance and course and workshop participation
- We provide continuous support and mentorship for new staff
- We have a young, motivated, and engaged staff with an administration that is committed to creating a safe, positive work and social work environment
- The salary for this position is $4100/month and includes extended benefits, pension and other perks.
How to apply:
If you are excited to work with a committed and team-oriented group of educators and you have the desire to make a difference in the lives of others, we want to hear from you.
Please forward your resume, cover letter, and references to Russ Klein, Head of School at [email protected]. We thank all candidates for their application. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.