POSITION: Associate Teacher – Senior School
START DATE: Immediately
TERM: Until the end of the 2020-20201 school year (June 24)
TEACHING AT WPGA
At WPGA, we focus on the individual child, the whole person and a balanced life. We give each student transformative learning experiences rooted in inquiry, shaped by action and celebrated with joy. Teaching at WPGA is fulfilling, collaborative and dynamic. Our Leadership Teams support our educators to teach with confidence; create relevant, creative curriculum and programs; build meaningful relationships with students and families; and develop professionally.
The associate teacher is a valued member of our school community who supports the Senior School leadership and teaching teams in providing future-focused, engaging program delivery and a warm, supportive learning environment to various classrooms throughout the school.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
– Teaches prepared lesson plans and leads interactive learning activities alongside or as a temporary replacement for classroom teachers
– Supports extracurricular events and programs in athletics, performing arts, and/or service
– Provides individual tutoring and learning support, including supervision of after-school test centre
– Conducts supervision on site and/or on trips as assigned.
– Promotes and maintains high standards of behaviour, respect and safety
– Supports families with open, ongoing communication
– Bachelor’s degree in education
– Valid BC teaching certificate
– Eligibility for employment in Canada at the time of application (work permit holder)
– Technological aptitude and proficiency
– A passion for working with children and/or adolescents
– Team player who will work to foster an open, positive learning environment
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; empathetic and accountable
– Ability to self-manage and take initiative
– Creativity, enthusiasm, and a sense of fun
– Competency in multiple subject areas is desirable
Please email a cover letter and résumé to WPGA Careers. We will begin reviewing applicants October 19 and continue to accept submissions until the position has been filled. Your cover letter and résumé MUST be in one file and the file name MUST be LastnameFirstname. Word or PDF are the preferred formats. In the subject line please write “SS Associate Teacher”. If you are a Canadian work permit holder, please also enclose a copy of your work permit with your application. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.