Position: Associate Faculty – two-year contract position (4 positions)
Department: Junior School
Reports to: Principal, Junior School
Starting date: 1 position starts March 1, 2023 / 3 positions start September 1, 2023
Closing date: January 31, 2023
An Associate Faculty position is a full-time role and provides coverage as needed for various classes. This individual works directly with students and will be responsible for facilitating lesson plans as needed. This is an ideal opportunity for a recent graduate of a B.Ed. program that is seeking to gain classroom teaching experience or for those that have one to three years’ experience. The Associate Faculty role supports extra-curricular requirements.
Associate Faculty are placed on the School’s teaching grid for the two-year contract period and are eligible for full benefits. For candidates who are relocating from another Province, they will be provided with a modest relocation allowance.
Associate Faculty at St. George’s School embody our core competencies: empathy, integrity, humility, respect, responsibility, and resilience.
In order to provide the best possible learning environment for our highly diverse, multicultural student population, St. George’s actively seeks to recruit staff from groups that have been traditionally underrepresented in independent and international schools. BIPoC and 2SLGBTQ+ people and those with disabilities are warmly encouraged to apply, and invited to reach out for more information about our commitment to pluralism.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provides both TOC coverage and when necessary longer-term coverage when faculty members are away for a leave of absence.
- Work with teachers to create a positive school environment that will emphasize a student-centered, caring atmosphere.
- Provides an environment that supports bringing a diversity of voices and worldviews to classroom material and learning experiences, including Indigenous, local, and global perspectives.
- Ability to work in a team environment working with colleagues in planning.
- Accompany students on field trips and excursions during class time if required.
- Plan and teach lessons under the direction of the classroom teacher.
- Supervising duties as required, including placement on a duty rotation for lunch.
- Participating in student activities during non-instructional time. Expected to be involved in extra-curricular activities in two of the three school terms.
Qualifications will include:
- BC Teaching certification required.
- Superior reports from practicum experience during attainment of teaching certification.
- Ability to build strong rapport with students.
- Team player who will work to foster an open and positive classroom environment.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Experience teaching is considered an asset.
- Ability to deal with a number of key stakeholders (i.e. students, teachers, parents).
- Key competencies and EQ in the following areas: self-awareness, self-management, empathy, social expertness, initiative and accountability.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.