Executive Assistant to the Assistant Head of School
Starting June 12, 2023
Working at York House School
York House School is a vibrant and close-knit school community where people feel valued, engaged, and connected to the school. All staff contributes towards empowering our students to develop the knowledge, skills, and competencies to succeed in the world beyond our doors. On our path to creating a more inclusive, equitable, and sustainable future, we share the belief that individuals have inherent rights and deserve to be respected for who they are; that every member of our community belongs here and feels included; that we must treat others with dignity and expect the same in return.
This position serves the offices of the Assistant Head of School, Directors of the Senior School, and the Director of Human Resources. Reporting to the Assistant Head of School, this position supports the development and implementation of processes and structures that support students, faculty, and professional development. This position requires excellent organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills, along with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced office while maintaining rapport with all constituents. This position requires professionalism, discretion, discernment, flexibility, adaptability, and confidentiality, which are necessary for maintaining trust and building positive community relations.
Provides organizational and administrative support as follows:
- Maintains and supports the Assistant Head of School in responsibilities that include records, systems, and events such as professional development, strategic partnerships and programs, international exchange, and excursions
- Monitors and updates York House policies as indicated
- Administers calendar for Whole School
- Implements and maintains records, and systems projects, and events in support of Senior School operations, co-curricular events, programs.
- Assists in scheduling and coordinating meetings for and with the Assistant Head of School and Director of Senior School
- Supports school events with coordination and assistance
- Assists with the emergency procedures document update and during events and drills
- Assists with editing and formatting correspondence (report cards, reference letters, evaluations, etc.)
- Assists Senior School Directors with projects as they arise in consideration of programming and systems updates
- Liaises and coordinates with students, parents, staff, and external agencies as needed
- Attends various meetings of significance to record minutes, compile, transcribe and distribute meeting minutes
- Assists the Director of Human Resources with a variety of sensitive personnel and confidential tasks such as preparation and tracking of service agreements and contracts, job postings, employee database record keeping
- May cover some duties of the Senior School Administrative Assistant when needed and daily coverage of reception for lunch breaks
- Liaises with the HR department for Teacher on Call coordination and provides coverage of the TOC Coordinator’s duties when needed
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative working style
- Professional presentation of documents, files, and office
- Previous experience working in Administration in schools is an asset
- 5+ years of experience in an Executive Assistant role is an asset
- Experience working with confidential materials and information
- Completion of post-secondary education required
- A high level of attention to detail along with the ability to see the “big picture.”
- Computer Literacy required: Intermediate to advanced skills in the Google Suite (docs, sheets, slides, forms), Google docs, and Gmail
- Friendly, approachable demeanor
- Strong organizational and time management skills, productive and efficient
- Excellent problem-solving abilities, takes initiative, and is proactive
- Flexible, ability to adapt well to change and prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to exercise tact, discretion, and good judgment when dealing with confidential and sensitive matters
Review our Career Page for more information about benefits and programs for staff.
Please apply online here.
This posting will remain open until the position is filled. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as applications will be reviewed as they arrive. All employees of YHS must be able to provide a passed vulnerable sector screening criminal record report. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About York House School
York House School, located in the heart of Vancouver, is one of Canada’s leading independent schools for girls. Founded in 1932 by seven progressive and insightful women, York House provides an outstanding education for approximately 650 girls from Junior Kindergarten to Grade 12. For more information about York House School, please visit our website at yorkhouse.ca.
To apply for this job please visit yorkhouse.bamboohr.com.