Date: November 2021
Reports to: Director of Finance and Operations
Interfaces with: Vendors, faculty, staff, students and the entire school community
Stratford Hall, an independent, K-12 IB World School, invites applications from individuals who wish to join our dynamic team. Located in Vancouver, BC, the School is home to 530 students and a faculty and staff of over 85 teachers and support staff. Our graduates attend the top post-secondary schools in Canada, the U.S. and abroad. Stratford Hall was the first IB continuum school in BC and has a rich tradition of educational excellence in the Primary Years, Middle Years and Diploma Programmes.
· Full cycle accounting up to and including monthly and quarterly financial statements.
· Ensure timely and accurate financials to include variances in comparison to budget.
· Provide financial analysis where required.
· Assist with annual organizational budgeting process and forecasts.
· Produce and distribute departmental actuals in comparison to budgets and meet with various department managers to ensure their budgets are on track.
· Manage fixed asset schedules.
· Manage prepaids, monthly accruals, recurring J/E’s, deferred revenue recognition.
· Ensure proper financial controls are in place, documented and updated where required.
· Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner.
· Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly.
· Timely bank reconciliations, monitor various bank balances and ensure proper cash flows are on hand to cover operating costs.
· Monitor and record investment and debt financing transactions and advise Director of Finance and Operations (DFO) of any excess cash available for investment.
· Act as liason for yearend audits and prepare associated working papers
· Complete and file regulatory reporting where required.
· Maintain the chart of accounts
· Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
· Manage payroll, AR, AP and reception employees (3 FTE’s)
· Assist DFO where required.
· CPA designation.
· Established experience in above position responsibilities.
· No less than 5 years experience with full cycle accounting.
· Experience with Sage Software, or recognized ERP systems.
· Experience with ADP software an asset
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Experience in not for profit accounting an asset.
· Team player with prior experience managing accounting staff.
A competitive salary is offered along with a generous benefits package. Salary will commensurate with experience.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a criminal records check clearance prior to start date.
All interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume, attention Human Resources, to [email protected]
This position will remain open until filled. We thank all applicants for their interest in Stratford Hall; only short listed candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.