King David High School is a top-rated independent school in central Vancouver; we are members of ISABC and CAIS. Our staff come from all walks of life and backgrounds – we value diversity. King David staff enjoy working in a warm, collegial environment where we collaborate to ensure our students strive to reach their potential by meeting high standards and working hard in a fun and caring environment. King David nurtures a Jewish culture characterized by a shared tradition, a common dedication to social justice, and a love for learning.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
We are looking for a dedicated, dynamic and creative Communications Coordinator to join our school family. The successful candidate will demonstrate a passion for communication and marketing to develop and execute internal and external communications and contribute to public relations for the school. Working with the Director of Communications. the Communications Coordinator will develop and maintain the school’s website and assist in creating and producing other publications and communications pieces, social media content and strategy that connect the school with key constituencies including prospective applicants, alumni, students, parents, the media and local community.
- Participate in the development and implementation of communications strategies
- Maintain the school’s website and portals
- Assist in editing and writing content for the website, news items, blogs, e-notifications, and publications
- Coordinate and produce the school’s weekly newsletter
- Liaise with students and PAC to provide communications support for School activities
- Manage the calendar of communication-relevant activities
- Provide technical support online events and gatherings as needed
- Manage and develop content for the school’s social media channels to build its social media presence
- Measure and report on outcomes related to social media campaigns
- Develop campaigns to raise school’s profile and support fundraising efforts of Development team
- Monitor social media activities of other independent schools and partner organizations
- Implement best practices in online marketing and communications
Graphic Design and Marketing Materials
- Create all collateral materials for school events and communication
- Assist members of the Administration team in the creation of school documentation
- Communicate and work with commercial printers to ensure quality output
- Support staff and students with design questions or needs
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION:
- 2 to 5 years of communications/marketing/journalism or any other field relevant to the position experience
- In-depth knowledge of traditional, digital and social media, blogging, search engine optimization, etc.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with attention to detail
- A desire to work in a school setting is an asset
- Demonstrated use of digital content (including written, graphical, or video format) and social media strategies
- Experience with InDesign or other graphic design program as well as film editing preferred
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, Google applications, presentation software and content management systems
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to accept feedback and work well under pressure
WHY WORK AT KING DAVID:
- We work in a modern, technology-rich environment
- Professional development is supported, both in and out of school, through conference attendance, courses and workshops
- We provide continuous support and mentorship for new staff
- We have a young, motivated, and engaged staff with an administration committed to creating a safe, positive workplace
- We offer a comprehensive compensation package and great extended benefits, pension and other perks (health spending allowance)
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are excited to work with a committed and team-oriented group of people, we want to hear from you.
Interested candidates should forward their resume with a cover letter, current references and contact information to Debbie Appelbaum, Director of Admissions and Communications [email protected].
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.