Job Title: Classroom Assistant/After School Care Worker-Lead
Type: Permanent, 12-month position
Department: Support Staff
Reports to: Auxiliary Programs Coordinator
Interfaces with: Students, teachers, and the entire school community
The Classroom Support/After School Care Worker-Lead is an integral role in the school’s commitment to our families. The role of Classroom Support is offered in our K-5 classrooms to support teachers and students. The After School Care Worker-Lead role supports the Auxiliary Programs Coordinator to implement high-quality after school care for our K-5 students as well as planning and running camps during school breaks.
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills
● Ability to use judgment when providing information
● Collaborative and flexible team-player
● Ability to provide care and mature guidance to children
Qualifications and Experience
● Education Assistant Certification or equivalent training or experience
● previous work experience with children, preferably in a school setting
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
● Supervision duty during breaks (recess/lunch).
● In-class support to Kindergarten to Grade 5.
● Facilitate student learning by following the teacher’s directions in working with individuals and groups of students.
● Assist with the setup, use and organization of learning resources.
● Be active in the classroom to help reinforce behavioural expectations, redirecting students as necessary.
After School Care (ASC) and Camps:
(In addition to working in the ASC Program during the school year, the Classroom Assistant/After School Care Worker-Lead also works in day camps during winter, spring and summer holidays)
● Assist in the provision of a variety of age appropriate learning and play opportunities that align with the School’s mission and vision.
● Assist the Auxiliary Programs Coordinator with ongoing program development.
● Lead groups of children in specific sport, game craft and learning activities.
● Manage behaviours and adapt activities to meet the needs of groups or individuals.
All interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume, attention Auxiliary Program Coordinator, to [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.