Position: Boarding Athletics Advisor – Part-Time (one-year contract with possibility of extension)
Department: Residential Life, Senior School
Reports to: Director of Residential Life
Starting date: September 1, 2022
Closing date: June 24, 2022
St. George’s School seeks a motivated health and wellness professional to support the unique needs of boarding students who are involved in high intensity athletics. The successful candidate will live on-campus and serve as an advisor and mentor, support transportation and nutritional needs, coordinate special events, and provide supervision for students involved in athletic pursuits. The successful candidate is passionate about engaging with young student athletes and supporting them with navigating their involvement in athletics, while balancing academic and boarding responsibilities.
This is a term position for the 2022 – 2023 academic year. The contract may be extended through until the end of the 2024 – 2025 school year. This is a part-time position (approximately 30 hours per week) that includes accommodations on-campus and may be ideal for a young professional starting their career or completing their post-secondary studies.
Responsibilities will include:
- Acting as an advisor for athletes; includes checking in on academics, participation in the main boarding program, general community participation and engagement.
- Meeting individually with students to coordinate their schedules – athletics, school, and boarding commitments. In third term, this includes coordinating external training commitments.
- Coordinating transportation for students to all games and practices, collaborating with the transportation department, coaches, and parents. Students have commitments before school, after school, and on the weekends.
- Assisting with transporting students to/from events as required, especially during weekend shifts.
- Coordinating the storage, movement, and cleaning of equipment as needed.
- Collaborating with the Food Services team to meet the nutritional needs of student athletes.
- Supporting student athletes with meal planning and preparation so that they are appropriately prepared for athletic and school commitments.
- Re-stocking supplies allocated for athletes (fridge and cupboards of additional supplies).
- Providing in-house supervision and academic support in the boarding facility on Sunday, Monday, and Thursday.
- Completing fitness centre and gym check/cleaning each shift.
- Liaise with Director/Associate Director of Residential Life on a regular basis.
- Help uphold the Core Values of St. George’s School and the conduct expectations.
- Address any behavioural issues in collaboration with the Director/Associate Director of Residential Life.
- Coordinate billeting for students before the school year starts and over the Winter Break and March Break.
- Communicate with parents regarding boarding life for student athletes.
Qualifications will include:
- Currently enrolled or completion of Kinesiology program considered an asset.
- Passion for athletics and understanding of student athletes.
- Class 5 driver’s license (class 4 preferred – training will be provided as required).
- Food Safe qualification.
- Standard First Aid or above.
- Experience dealing with students in Grades 8 – 12.
- Coaching experience an asset.
*Opportunities to obtain these will be provided by the school
Hours of Work
Monday: 2:30 – 10:30 pm (7.5 hours + 30-minute break)
Thursday: 2:30 – 10:30 pm (7.5 hours + 30-minute break)
Friday: 2:00 – 7:00 pm (4.5 hours + 30-minute break)
Saturday: TBD – Depends on team schedules
Sunday: TBD – Depends on team schedules
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.