About Fraser Academy:
Based in Kitsilano, Vancouver, BC, Fraser Academy (FA) is an educational leader in Dyslexia. Its services include an independent Gr 1-12 school program, outreach learner programs for the wider community, and teacher training programs elevating the skills of educators across BC, Canada and the world. We serve a gap in the system where approximately 20% of the student population is under-served by mainstream education. The ripple impact of our programming adds great social value. While our student population has skills and strengths which are in demand in the 21st century, it can be vulnerable to mental health challenges, substance abuse, higher drop-out rates, and other risks when not supported.
We are on a path to become Canada’s Centre for Dyslexia expanding our programs and amplifying our impact in the community. For more information please visit us at www.fraseracademy.ca.
Position Type: Permanent, Full-Time; reporting to the Head of School
Are you looking for a meaningful role with purpose to help make a game-changing impact in education and society? If so, we want to hear from you! In this Executive Assistant role, you provide executive support to the Head of School, provide essential support to certain other members of the Senior Leadership Team, and assist with the day to day operations of the administrative team.
- Act as an all-around gatekeeper and help to strategically manage, and support, the Head of School’s time with respect to priorities, goals, and objectives
- Keep the Head of School’s calendar up-to-date, including adding events, rescheduling appointments and providing daily updates/briefings as needed
- Draft and proofread delegated communications and documents
- Assist with speech writing and presentations for Head of School speaking engagements
- Take minutes for staff meetings, and follow-up on action items
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders, such as parents (including FAPC), staff and students, uniform supplier, and greets/directs visitors, etc.
- Plan, organize and execute Head of School led events (graduation, grad dinner and dance, back to school bbq, etc)
- Provide administrative support to members of the Senior Leadership Team as directed by the Head of School
- Coordination of bus registration, communication with Thirdwave, and first point of contact for bussing
- Assist with reception duties such as answering phones, providing basic first aid support to students as needed, and serving as backup for daily student attendance tasks
- Other duties as assigned.
Core Competencies & Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional, proactive, and service-driven approach
- High degree of tact, diplomacy, discretion & confidentiality; strong judgment & proven ability to manage information flow in a timely and accurate manner.
- Highly organized, excellent time management, detail-oriented and able to shift from task to task easily
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a calm, efficient and welcoming demeanour
- Team player, but an autonomous worker, who values community; positive, growth mindset & “can do” attitude; tackles all assignments with enthusiasm!
- Ability to be self-directed, as well as work collaboratively
Experience using Student Information Systems (such as Blackbaud) an asset
- A high level of proficiency in working within Google Drive and Microsoft Office applications
- 2+ years experience in Administration and/or Executive Assistant (work at a non-profit/charity, including a school or post-secondary, will be considered an asset).
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field: Business Administration, Education, Communications, or formal education and training in Administration/Executive Assistant.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter addressed to Alison Wall, Head of School. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest. We look forward to hearing from you.
FA offers an exceptional and stimulating environment, along with competitive employment packages, including salary ($55,000-$65,000 dependent on experience) and vacation options based on a school environment.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce by encouraging applications from all qualified job seekers, including those from traditionally underrepresented communities. Apply on the Fraser Academy website.
To apply for this job please visit fraseracademy.bamboohr.com.