Position: Events and Facilities Assistant
Department: Support Staff
Reports to: Facilities Manager
Interfaces with: Vendors, faculty, staff, students and the entire school community
The Events and Facilities Assistant (EFA) role provides administrative support to the Junior and Senior School Leadership Teams in the organization and delivery of school events. The EFA will also provide administrative support to the Facilities Department and relief to the front office staff.
Qualifications and Attributes:
● Strong communication skills in English, both spoken and written
● Strong organizational, communication, administrative and interpersonal skills
● The ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
● Self-motivated, self-directed and disposed to taking initiative
● Multi-tasker and ability to think ahead and problem solve
● Experience with Excel, Word and Google Suite.
● Knowledge of WorkSafeBC policy and procedures is an asset
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Provide administrative support to the Facilities Department, creating excel documents to support costing, budgeting and programs.
● Coordinate and oversee all facility rentals for the School, ensuring current certificates of insurance and contracts
● Coordinate Facilities bookings with internal and external users
● Consult with members of the Leadership Team, including the Executive Assistant, to ensure that school events are properly executed
● Schedule transportation with school leadership, including the school-owned bus schedule, (daily trips and field trips) and external bus bookings when needed by Junior and Senior Schools
● Purchase supplies and equipment as directed
● Organize Junior School and Senior School events as directed by the Principal and Head of School, including reserving event space, organizing set up and take down through the facilities team, booking rental equipment, ordering food, etc.
● Maintain a forward looking view, always seeking to improve events year on year, by holding post-event evaluation meetings
● Events will include some of the following:
○ Back to School Staff and Student events
○ Photo days
○ PYP Exhibition and MYP Personal Project
○ Art shows
○ Meet the Teacher Nights
● Provide coverage for the DP and PYP Administrative Assistants
● Record and distribute minutes for 3 Joint Occupational Health and Safety (JOHS) Committees
● Coordinate and order Junior and Senior School supplies
● Organize and document emergency procedures.
● Work within eBASE program software to assist with scheduling facilities, rentals, and communicate requests to the facilities team.
● Communicate with parents, and provide information as necessary
● Orient new bus drivers
● Keep record of all bus maintenance and repairs
● Assist maintenance technicians in checking staff parking for parking violations
● Coordinate and communicate admin morning traffic schedule
● Communicate with ICBC to add new drivers to the bus insurance
● Utilize communications app (Swift K 12) to notify parents of any transportation changes
The EFA may be assigned other duties from time to time.
All interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume, attention Facilities Manager, to [email protected] The position will remain open until filled.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.