Southridge is a co-ed, independent day school located in South Surrey, BC with 680 students enrolled in Kindergarten through Grade 12. We have a tradition of developing well rounded students with a balance of knowledge and goodness, inspiring students to go out into the world and make a difference.
Southridge is affectionately described as ‘a lighthearted place of serious purpose’ and we want you to know…it’s true! If you’re passionate about working in an energizing environment with colleagues that value building strong relationships, fostering strong minds and good hearts through student-centered teaching and learning, and community all while having fun, we want to hear from you!
MATH TEACHER (CONTINUING, FULL-TIME)
We are currently inviting applications for the full-time (1.0 FTE) position of Math Teacher – Senior School. Experience teaching chemistry and/or physics is an asset. This position will commence as soon as possible, however, a September start date is also an option.
Teaching Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare and deliver the core Math program requirements in assigned grade levels (Pre-Calculus 12, Calculus 12 and Foundations of Math 12) following the BC Ministry of Education curriculum and/or Advanced Placement
• Collaboratively plan within the department to develop and design consistent and well-articulated programs
• Assess and report on student academic progress and effort, drawing attention to areas of achievement and areas requiring further development
• Supervise and manage student deportment, including behaviour and adherence to uniform expectations
• Monitors students’ academic, co-curricular, and personal growth as an advisor
• Attend and participate in core school functions and special events
• Fully participate in the co-curricular programme of the school
• Additional duties and responsibilities as outlined in the Faculty Handbook
• A Bachelor of Education degree, with undergraduate studies in Mathematics
• Hold a valid BC teaching certificate
• Co-curricular coaching experience is valued
• Must be highly collegial and a collaborative team partner
• Experience teaching Chemistry and/or Physics is an asset
• Advanced placement experience is an asset
• Strong leadership skills combined with excellent communication and organization skills
• Excellent spoken and written communication skills
• A high level of initiative, energy and motivation
• The capacity to function effectively within a busy, high-functioning department and school
• A proactive and innovative approach to solving problems
• Experience teaching at the Senior School level in an independent school environment is an asset
• Effective interpersonal skills to establish connections with students and parents in the role of advisor
• A proven understanding of children developmentally
• Experience teaching in a technology rich environment is an asset
Southridge offers a competitive salary and pays 3% above the Vancouver School District. In addition, we have a comprehensive benefits package and a generous RRSP matching program.
To apply for this position, please visit our ‘How to Apply’ page for step-by-step instructions on submitting an application through our online system. The closing date for this posting is
January 25, 2022.
To learn more about our school, explore our website: southridge.bc.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those under consideration will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit www.southridge.ca.