Southridge acknowledges that we teach and learn on the unceded native Coast Salish territories of the Kwantlen, Katzie, Tsawwassen, and Semiahmoo First Nations.
Southridge is an independent day school located in South Surrey, BC with 680 students enrolled in Kindergarten through Grade 12. We have a tradition of developing well rounded students with a balance of knowledge and goodness, inspiring students to go out into the world and make a difference.
Southridge is affectionately described as ‘a lighthearted place of serious purpose’ and we want you to know…it’s true! If you’re passionate about working in an energizing environment with colleagues that value building strong relationships, fostering strong minds and good hearts through student-centered teaching and learning, and community all while having fun, we want to hear from you!
MATH TEACHER (CONTINUING, FULL-TIME)
We are currently inviting applications for the full-time (1.0 FTE) position of Math Teacher – Senior School. This position will commence September 1, 2024.
Teaching Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and deliver the core Math program requirements in assigned grade levels following the BC Ministry of Education curriculum and Advanced Placement in alignment with the Southridge Senior School Educational Plan
- Collaboratively plan within the department to develop and design consistent and well-articulated programs
- Assess and report on student academic progress and effort, drawing attention to areas of achievement and areas requiring further development
- Supervise and manage student deportment, including behaviour and adherence to uniform expectations
- Monitor students’ academic, co-curricular, and personal growth as a homeroom advisor
- Attend and participate in core school functions and special events
- Participate in the co-curricular programme of the school
- Additional duties and responsibilities as outlined in the Faculty Handbook
- A Bachelor of Education degree, with undergraduate studies in Mathematics
- Hold a valid BC teaching certificate
- Co-curricular coaching experience is valued
- Must be highly collegial and a collaborative team partner
- Strong leadership skills combined with excellent communication and organization skills
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- A high level of initiative, energy, and motivation
- The capacity to function effectively within a busy, high-functioning department and school
- A proactive and innovative approach to solving problems
- Experience teaching at the Senior School level in an independent school environment is an asset
- Effective interpersonal skills to establish connections with students and parents in the role of advisor
- A proven understanding of adolescents social and emotional needs
- Experience teaching in a technology rich environment is an asset
The ideal candidate will be aligned with the values and mission of Southridge, will want to be an active member of a vibrant school community, and will demonstrate a desire to make a difference in the world. They will be someone who:
- Is a lifelong learner
- Has excellent study, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Is a creative and independent thinker
- Has a positive attitude
- Seeks their passion
- Believes in the value of trust, tolerance, compassion, and respect
- Understands the sacrifice and reward of community service
- Has an appreciation of, and a desire for, lifelong physical activity and fitness
- Commits to personal wellness
- Appreciates the arts and their contribution to a richer life
- Can work effectively as part of a team
Southridge offers a competitive salary and pays 4% above the Vancouver School District. In addition, we have a comprehensive benefits package and a generous RRSP matching program, access to health and wellness activities including generous support for professional learning and development . The salary range for this position is from $63,005 to $112,797. For more details visit our career page.
Southridge School is committed to fostering an environment of inclusion, equity and belonging to support an increasingly diverse community, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. To apply for this position, please visit our ‘How to Apply‘ page for step-by-step instructions on submitting an application through our online system. This posting will remain open until filled.
To learn more about our school, explore our website: southridge.bc.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those under consideration will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit makeafuture.applytoeducation.com.