Southridge is a K – 12 independent day school located in South Surrey, BC. The school is home to 680 students and 130 faculty and staff. We have a tradition of developing well rounded students with a balance of knowledge and goodness, inspiring students to go out into the world and make a difference.
Southridge is affectionately described as ‘a lighthearted place of serious purpose’ and we want you to know…it’s true! If you’re passionate about working in an energizing environment with colleagues that value building strong relationships, fostering strong minds and good hearts through student-centered teaching and learning, and community all while having fun, we want to hear from you!
Data and Donor Services Assistant
We are currently inviting applications for the full-time position of Advancement and Donor Services Assistant.
Reporting directly to the Director of Advancement and Community Relations, this position provides comprehensive administrative support for the Advancement Office, including gift processing and data entry, donor stewardship and recognition, volunteer program support, fundraising and community event support, and summer camp administrative support.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Processes all donations, sponsorship payments, and fundraising event ticket sales, ensuring that each is appropriately and promptly received, recorded, and receipted.
- Consolidates financial transactions with the Finance Office, ensuring that donations and receipts are reconciled on a monthly basis.
- Processes donor thank-you letters and assists with the delivery of a comprehensive donor and volunteer recognition program.
- Maintains Raiser’s Edge database to ensure all parent, donor, and alumni information is accurate.
- Creates and revises policy and procedure manuals for database management.
- Assists staff in running reports to obtain information to support advancement activities.
- Provides the Director of Advancement and Community Relations with statistical reports as necessary.
- Provides administrative support for fundraising events by setting up and maintaining event database, assisting with cataloguing, and packaging auction items, managing guest registration, and providing on-site assistance with guest check-out.
- Supports the Events Manager and the Parent Volunteer Committee by providing administrative support for a robust parent volunteer program.
- Generates volunteer lists as needed and captures important information regarding volunteers.
- Liaises with the volunteer management software provider for setup, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Provides administrative support for such events as new parent breakfasts, new parent night and other community events.
- Provides administrative support and mail list preparation for the school’s annual report, annual magazine, and other publications.
- Strong data management skills using Raiser’s Edge, knowledge of NXT and Givergy an asset
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Excel
- Meticulous attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills
- A strong writer and communicator
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with anyone
- Dependable and hard-working – someone who does what it takes to get the job done
- Sense of humor and positive attitude
- High degree of tact, diplomacy, and professionalism
- Experience working with and supporting volunteers
- Demonstrated analytical ability and thorough knowledge of both the development process and database systems
- Ability to multi-task, work in a fast-paced office, and work with multiple priorities and deadlines with accuracy
- Exceptional customer service skills, including patience, attentiveness, empathy, and adaptability
The ideal candidate will be aligned with the values and mission of Southridge, will want to be an active member of a vibrant school community, and will demonstrate a desire to make a difference in the world. They will be someone who:
- Is a lifelong learner
- Has excellent study, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Is a creative and independent thinker
- Has a positive attitude
- Seeks their passion
- Believes in the value of trust, tolerance, compassion, and respect
- Understands the sacrifice and reward of community service
- Has an appreciation of, and a desire for, lifelong physical activity and fitness
- Commits to personal wellness
- Appreciates the arts and their contribution to a richer life
- Can work effectively as part of a team
Based on qualifications and experience the salary range for this position is $53,000 to $60,000 per year.
In addition, we have a comprehensive benefits package, a generous RRSP matching program, access to health and wellness activities including generous support for professional learning and development. Preferred candidates will be required to complete a satisfactory Criminal Records Check.
To learn more about our school, explore our website: southridge.bc.ca.
To apply for this position, please visit our ‘How to Apply‘ page for step-by-step instructions on submitting an application through our online system. This posting will remain open until filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those under consideration will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit makeafuture.applytoeducation.com.