Teacher Assistant (Instructional) and After School Care Manager
Southpointe Academy, an independent, K to 12, university-preparatory school in Tsawwassen, B.C. invites applications from individuals who wish to join our dynamic community. Located in a contemporary urban learning environment, the School building meets rigorous architectural standards and possesses views from all common areas of the Fraser Delta, Gulf of Georgia and the North Shore Mountains. Southpointe Academy is home to 545 students and over 80 teachers and support staff.
The School is an authorized International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (IB PYP) and Middle Years Programme (IB MYP) World School. Southpointe also offers The College Board’s Advanced Placement (AP) Program to students in Grades 10 to 12. Our graduates attend the top post-secondary schools in Canada, the U.S. and the U.K.
Reporting to the Junior School Programme Director, the Teacher Assistant (Instructional) and After School Care Manager position will commence January 13, 2020.
Southpointe is seeking a Teacher Assistant (Instructional) and After School Care Manager to assist Junior School teachers, in the planning, development, modification, preparation, and implementation of the curriculum. The After School Care Manager is required to manage the schools after school care programme.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the teacher in the planning, development, modification, preparation, and implementation of curriculum, classroom materials and schedules to meet the needs of designated student(s);
- Assists the teacher in the planning and implementation of individualized and/or group behaviour programs in specialized or integrated settings, such as regular or resource classrooms;
- Reinforces concepts introduced by the teacher and implements instructional programs designed by the teacher;
- Maintains regular communications with the supervising teacher and other team members and other relevant professionals;
- Observes and records student progress, maintains detailed written records as required.
- Supervises student(s) both on and off the school campus as required;
- Operates standard school and office equipment including personal computer applications, instructional aid communications, and special individualized equipment;
- May carry out emergency procedures;
- Remains current with changing technology, practices, and equipment;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a secondary school graduation program or equivalent;
- Valid Early Childhood Educator Basic Certificate;
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively while following the direction and guidance of the classroom/resource teacher;
- Ability to operate a variety of office and school equipment, including equipment specific to the needs of the student(s);
- Strong Interpersonal, communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to use judgement when providing information;
- Physically capable of performing the duties of the position;
- Knowledge of safe work practices.
Hours of Work:
- 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm on days in which students are in school.
Salary and Benefits:
- As per Collective Agreement $26.06 per hour;
- Extended health and dental benefits;
- RRSP matching program;
Please submit your application with the following supporting documents to email@example.com:
- Cover Letter;
- Two letters of reference from past supervisors, one of which must be from your most recent supervisor.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working at Southpointe Academy. However, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.