Southridge is a co-ed, independent day school located in South Surrey, British Columbia with 680 students enrolled in Kindergarten through Grade 12. We have a tradition of developing well-rounded students who have a love of learning, strong moral character, and confidence to make the world a better place.
Southridge is affectionately described as ‘a lighthearted place of serious purpose’ and we want you to know…it’s true! If you’re passionate about working in an energizing environment with colleagues that value building strong relationships; fostering strong minds and good hearts through student-centered teaching and learning; and being a part of a great community that has fun and strives to make a difference, we want to hear from you!
We are currently inviting applications for the temporary part-time (.30 FTE) position of a School Nurse to support the health care and wellness needs of the school’s students in a K – 12 co-ed environment. This position will commence in December thru to June 30, 2020.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides assessment and clinical care for all student illnesses/injuries within the accepted scope of practice.
• Responds to emergency situations, takes charge, and coordinates with emergency medical services if needed.
• Oversees concussion-related return to learn and return to sport protocols.
• Assesses and counsels students regarding adolescent health and wellness issues, and makes referrals as appropriate, adhering to the RN professional and ethical codes of practice.
• Provides training and advice to faculty and students as needed regarding medical diagnoses, allergies, medications, diet, special emergency plans related to ongoing medical conditions, sharing information on a need-to-know basis within the school community in accordance with privacy law.
• Assists with immunization, health assessments and screenings, and coordinates any necessary follow up.
• Maintains medical records accurately and confidentially, including recording reported accidents and injuries in accordance with school policy.
• Administers and records dispensing of medications, following established protocols, and maintaining safe storage, usage, and disposal of medical supplies and medications.
• Helps to ensure all equipment and supplies are available and in inventory;
• Assists with administrative tasks as required for an efficient work environment.
• Post-secondary degree in Nursing; Designation as a Registered Nurse is required.
• Current certification / licensing with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC).
• Current First Aid/CPR accreditation.
• Minimum of two years of nursing experience. Assets would include working in an educational setting or another setting working directly with children, sports injuries training, and nursing experience in an emergency or mental health setting.
• High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
• Demonstrated ability to handle emergency situations in a prompt, precise, and professional manner.
• Demonstrated ability to assist patients, family members, or other clients with sensitivity and empathy.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Clear, concise, and timely communication ability – verbal and written.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and use tact and discretion in the performance of duties.
• Excellent technical, analytical, and critical thinking skills and good judgment.
• Ability to work cooperatively and effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
• Careful, orderly, and detail-oriented in approach.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Cultural sensitivity and non-judgmental perspective.
• Demonstrated commitment to continuing education and remaining current with best practices and organizational policies and procedures.
Southridge offers a competitive salary.
To apply for this position, please visit our ‘How to Apply’ page for step-by-step instructions on submitting an application through our online system. The closing date for this posting is October 30, 2020.
To learn more about our school, explore our website: southridge.bc.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those under consideration will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit www.southridge.ca.