Southridge is a co-ed, independent day school located in South Surrey, British Columbia with 680 students enrolled in Kindergarten through Grade 12. We have a tradition of developing well-rounded students who have a love of learning, strong moral character, and confidence to make the world a better place.
Southridge is affectionately described as ‘a lighthearted place of serious purpose’ and we want you to know…it’s true! If you’re passionate about working in an energizing environment with colleagues that value building strong relationships; fostering strong minds and good hearts through student-centered teaching and learning; and being a part of a great community that has fun and strives to make a difference, we want to hear from you!
GRADE FOUR TEACHER – PRIMARY YEARS PROGRAMME (IB PYP) (FULL-TIME)
We are currently inviting applications for the temporary full-time (1.0 FTE) position of a Grade Four Teacher, Junior School. This position will commence from January 2021 thru to February 2022.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Collaboratively plan and deliver the core program requirements for the assigned grade level through a student-centered, inquiry-based approach that aligns with the philosophy and framework of the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program, as well as the BC Ed Plan
• Monitor and nurture students’ academic, social and emotional growth
• Assess and report on student learning and approaches to learning, drawing attention to areas of strength and areas for growth
• Guide and nurture student behaviour that aligns with Southridge’s mission, vision, and values
• Communicate with parents about the program and student progress
• Attend and participate in core school functions and special events
• Participate in the co-curricular programme of the school
• Additional duties and responsibilities as outlined in the Faculty Handbook
• A Bachelor of Education, with a focus on Elementary Education
• Hold a valid BC teaching certificate
• IB PYP training (Category 2 preferred)
• Experience teaching at the elementary level in an independent school environment, preferably an IB PYP school
• A demonstrated passion for and commitment to student-centered, inquiry based, concept driven teaching and learning
• A proven understanding of children’s social and emotional needs, particularly at the primary level
• Experience with technology as a means of enhancing teaching and learning
• Highly collegial and collaborative team member
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills
• Co-curricular coaching experience is valued
Southridge offers a competitive salary and pays 3% above the Vancouver School District. In addition, we have a comprehensive benefits package and a generous RRSP matching program.
To apply for this position, please visit our ‘How to Apply’ page for step-by-step instructions on submitting an application through our online system. The closing date for this posting is October 30, 2020.
To learn more about our school, explore our website: southridge.bc.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those under consideration will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit www.southridge.ca.