Southridge is a co-ed, independent day school located in South Surrey, British Columbia with 680 students enrolled in Kindergarten through Grade 12. We have a tradition of developing well-rounded students who love learning, have strong moral character, and the confidence to make the world a better place.
Southridge is affectionately described as ‘a lighthearted place of serious purpose’ and we want you to know… it’s true! If you are passionate about working in an energizing environment with colleagues who value building strong relationships, fostering strong minds and good hearts through student-centred teaching and learning, and being a part of a fun community that strives to make a difference, we want to hear from you!
JUNIOR SCHOOL INTERMEDIATE GRADES LEARNING STRATEGIES TEACHER (0.5 FTE, CONTINUING)
We invite applications for the continuing part-time (0.5 FTE) position of intermediate-grade learning strategies teacher. The successful candidate must be available to attend Southridge Faculty Orientation Days, starting on August 26, 2022.
• Provide individual or small group pull-out support blocks for Grades 4-7 students on Individual Education Plans (IEPs) who qualify for a French-language exemption
• Develop positive relationships with students that instil a sense of safety, care, and connection
• Maintain the documentation of IEPs for students on the assigned caseload, ensuring compliance with Ministry of Education requirements
• Support students with achieving their individual learning goals, as documented in their IEPs
• Monitor the implementation and effectiveness of school-approved IEP accommodations for students on the assigned caseload
• Coordinate and lead IEP meetings (fall and late spring) with parents of the students on the assigned caseload
• Administer internal assessments to support the identification of students at risk, as needed
• Support student referrals for psycho-educational assessments, as needed
• Collaborate with other members of the Junior School Learning Strategies Team
• Attend collaborative faculty meetings and participate in professional development opportunities
• Support the co-curricular program of the Junior School and special school events, as determined by the Vice-Principal, Student Life
• A Bachelor of Education (Elementary)
• MEd. or Diploma in Special Education
• Valid BC teaching certificate
• 2-3 years of experience working with neurodivergent learners, preferably at the intermediate level (Gr. 4-7)
• Demonstrated ability to inspire and motivate students to have a growth mindset and believe in their unique skills and abilities so they can reach their full potential
• Comprehensive understanding of BC Special Education policies and guidelines
• Expertise in learning accommodations and their application in and out of the classroom
• Experience with assistive technology (e.g. Google Read-Write)
• Ability to carry out a variety of assessments, such as the administration and interpretation of standardized, norm-referenced assessment instruments to Level B
• Independent School and/or International Baccalaureate Primary or Middle Years Programme (PYP or MYP) experience is an asset
• Proven ability to collaborate with colleagues in shared planning and decision making that aligns with school-based strategic goals and initiatives
• Well-developed interpersonal skills that enable positive relationships with students, colleagues, and families
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Willingness to engage in continuous professional learning
• First Aid Certification (or willingness to obtain a First Aid Certificate)
• Alignment with the Southridge mission, vision, and values
Southridge offers a competitive salary and pays 4% above the Vancouver School District. In addition, we have a comprehensive benefits package and a generous RRSP matching program.
Please visit our ‘How to Apply’ page for step-by-step instructions on how to submit an application using our online system. This posting will remain open until successfully filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those under consideration will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit www.southridge.ca.