Southridge is a co-ed, independent day school located in South Surrey, BC with 688 students enrolled in Kindergarten through Grade 12. Our mission is to develop well-rounded students with the love of learning, integrity, character and confidence to realize their full potential and make a difference in the world.
Southridge has affectionally been described as ‘a lighthearted place of serious purpose’ and we want you to know…it’s true! If you’re interested in working in an energizing environment with a team of dedicated professionals who like to work hard and have fun, please keep reading…
AUDIO-VISUAL SPECIALIST – (PERMANENT, FULL-TIME)
The Audio-Visual Specialist is responsible for operating and supporting all aspects of the Schools Audio Visual infrastructure, operations, support of use, inventory, and scheduling, ensuring it is well planned, strategic and coordinated with the overall educational and administrative direction of the School. This position provides exceptional day to day technical expertise, service and attention to detail, to ensure live and virtual events and productions/performances in need of A/V are optimal and processes are thoroughly documented. This role will have in-depth knowledge and expertise of A/V equipment, procedures and techniques that will provide a pleasant and seamless experience to our constituents.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintains, installs, operates, tests and troubleshoots all A/V infrastructure, equipment, applications, hardware, software and services
• Ensures the proper setup, take down and operation of all equipment necessary for each school event, production/performance and third-party equipment as required (eg. Full School Assemblies, Remembrance Day, Open House, Gala, Country Fair, Theatre and Musical Productions, Cafe Concerto, Winter Celebrations, Commencement, and others)
• Provides technical support for all productions/performances, including a variety of other presentations and school events as needed and directed
• Operates, coordinates and oversees the technical needs for all school events and productions/performances (e.g. lighting, sound and all A/V equipment, including laptops for presentations, projectors and TV’s)
• Operates sound, visual and lighting equipment during live and virtual events
• Provides support and training for virtual events using Zoom and/or other virtual platforms
• Establishes operating and system procedures for the use of the school’s A/V equipment and resources and proactively communicates and implements these across departments
• Responsible for regular clean-up, maintenance, troubleshooting, healthy and safety, secure storage and the proper working condition of all equipment and resources
• Manages inventory of all A/V equipment, orders and repairs
• Researches, reviews and recommends on A/V equipment requirements, purchases, improvements and coordinates installations and maintenance
• Participates in planning and calendar meetings with stakeholders to determine schedules and requirements needed for events and productions/performances
• Provides day to day and last-minute support to faculty, staff and students
• Provides day to day support for all live, virtual events and activities that occur
• Coordinates and schedules outside contractors for major school events if required
• Coordinates with the JS & SS Faculty Advisors responsible for the Student A/V Clubs and provides support, training and scheduling as required for school events, productions and performances
• Collaborates with Systems Administrator and IT Support Technician for support as needed
• Conducts sound, visual and performance quality checks on A/V equipment
• Video records specific events, edits and ensures content is sent to the Communications and Marketing Department as required
• Supports, maintains and troubleshoots digital signage system and classroom A/V throughout the school (TV’s, projectors, HDMI cables, screen sharing software, apple tv’s, etc.), including pricing out replacement equipment and scheduling installation
• Assists with IT duties as assigned by the Director of IT when A/V Support is dormant (eg. summer, school breaks and other months throughout the year)
• Other duties as required or assigned by the Director of IT
• Minimum 3 years working as an A/V Specialist or Technician
• Formal education, training or certification in the A/V industry or combination of education, training and experience
• Skilled knowledge of A/V equipment, including audio/sound consoles, microphones (including wireless technology), lighting boards, digital video cameras, computers, TV’s, projectors and presentation software
• Familiarity with live streaming software such as OBS
• Expertise with lighting, sound, rigging, production, live streaming, webinars and video recording processes and operations
• Proficient use of PC computers and operating systems
• Knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Office, Google Workspace and Adobe applications
• Expertise with video editing software, Adobe Premier
• Must be present, flexible and available to accommodate after hours work (occasional evenings and weekends to support school performances and events)
• Ability to adapt to well to change, be flexible and multi-task
• Class 5 Drivers license
• The ability to work independently and in a team environment
• IT savvy and comfortable working with IT hardware and software
• Ability to work with and mentor students from Grades 6 to 12
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
• Ability and interest in learning new technology
• Excellent time management, planning and coordination skills
• Attention to detail, a self-starter, and a willingness to help wherever needed
• Physically able to lift heavy equipment (50 lbs.) and comfortable with heights using a Genie lift and ladders
Southridge offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Preferred candidates will be required to complete a satisfactory Criminal Records Check.
To apply for this position, please visit our ‘How to Apply’ page for step-by-step instructions on submitting an application through our online system. The closing date for this posting is November 22, 2021.
To learn more about our school, explore our website: southridge.bc.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those under consideration will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit www.southridge.ca.