Southpointe Academy is a leading edge International Baccalaureate (IB) Continuum School surrounded by the ocean, beaches and natural beauty of South Delta. As a co-educational, secular day school serving 630 students from Kindergarten to Grade 12, Southpointe is known for its strong sense of community, collaborative culture and commitment to professional development. The school fosters caring relationships with students and develops young people of character who make a positive difference in the world.
Southpointe features world leading programming through its highly acclaimed IB Primary Years (Grade K-5) and Middle Years (Grade 6-10) programmes. Southpointe is also an official Candidate School for the IB Diploma Programme (Grade 11-12), which will complete its innovative offering of IB
from entry to graduation. The educational programme is supported through modern, purpose-built facilities and amenities.
Southpointe is seeking an energetic, outgoing and collaborative teacher who shares a commitment to inquiry- and concept-based teaching and learning. Reporting to the Middle and Senior School Principals, the Middle and Senior School Physics Teacher position will commence August 25, 2023for the 2023-2024 school year.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
*These may include, but are not limited to…
- Develop inquiry-based and dynamic Science & Physics programs;
- Demonstrate strong pedagogical practice in Science and Physics;
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to support the development of an inquiry-based, interdisciplinary approach to teaching and learning;
- Foster caring, committed and supportive relationships with students and families;
- Create an environment that promotes an atmosphere of mutual respect and care;
- Use engaging technology to enhance instruction and learning;
- Participate in professional development training related to the IB programmes;
- Design, prepare and deliver learning experiences that facilitate authentic engagement;
- Identify and select instructional resources and methods to meet diverse student needs;
- Design and implement a range of authentic learning assessments that provide timely feedback to students and clear direction to parents;
- Maintain accurate, ongoing and complete records of student progress for the purposes of teaching, learning and reporting;
- Prepare reports, conduct parent-teacher conferences and communicate with parents on an ongoing basis in order to foster an open and supportive relationship;
- Model a strong work ethic, high standard of commitment, and maintain excellent professionalism in all interactions with colleagues, students and parents;
- Participate in community building events, both in and out of school hours;
- May include additional teaching responsibilities as needed.
Southpointe educators offer co-curricular activities for students by either devising their own programmes or participating in the school’s Athletics offerings throughout the three different sporting seasons.
- Bachelor of Education or Equivalent;
- BC Ministry of Education: Certificate of Qualification or Independent School Teaching Certificate.
- IB MYP and/or DP training and teaching experience.
Salary and Benefits
- Above grid compensation based on the school’s approved teacher salary scale;
- Comprehensive health and dental plan, and other extended benefits;
- RRSP matching;
- Staff wellness program;
- Subsidised school lunch programme;
- Professional development resources and support.
Please submit your application with the following supporting documents to [email protected]:
- Cover letter;
- Copy of BC Ministry of Education: Certificate of Qualification or Independent School Teaching Certificate;
- Two letters of reference, one of which must be from your most recent
- Most recent teaching evaluation.
Please see our website for additional opportunities.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada or be in the process of obtaining the appropriate visa(s).
Southpointe Academy encourages applications from suitably qualified candidates with diverse backgrounds. We value each community member’s identity, perspective and well-being, and embrace our differences as a sign of strength. We believe in diversity, equity and inclusion and are committed to equal employment opportunities.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.