Southpointe Academy is a leading edge International Baccalaureate (IB) Continuum School surrounded by the ocean, beaches and natural beauty of South Delta. As a co-educational, secular day school serving nearly 630 students from Kindergarten to Grade 12, Southpointe is known for its strong sense of community, collaborative culture and commitment to professional development. The school fosters caring relationships with students and develops young people of character who make a positive difference in the world.
Southpointe features world leading programming through its highly acclaimed IB Primary Years (Grade K-5) and Middle Years (Grade 6-10) programmes. Southpointe is also an official candidate school for the IB Diploma Programme (Grade 11-12) which will complete its innovative offering of IB from entry to graduation. The educational programme is supported through modern, purpose-built facilities and amenities. Southpointe is expanding its facilities through an exciting Master Campus Plan.
Reporting to the Middle School Principal, the 0.5 FTE Laboratory Technician position is a temporary position for the 2022-2023 School Year.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent in natural sciences;
- Knowledge of how chemicals and materials interact;
- Knowledge of safe laboratory practices;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills;
- Ability to work cooperatively with all members of the school community.
- BC Ministry of Education: Certificate of Qualification or Independent School Teaching Certificate.
Salary and Benefits
- Above grid compensation based on the school’s approved teacher salary scale;
- Comprehensive health and dental plan, and other extended benefits;
- RRSP matching;
- Staff wellness program;
- Subsidised school lunch programme.
Please submit your application with the following supporting documents to [email protected]:
- Cover letter;
- Copy of BC Ministry of Education: Certificate of Qualification or Independent School Teaching Certificate (if applicable);
- Two letters of reference, one of which must be from your most recent Principal/Supervisor;
- Most recent teaching evaluation (if applicable).
Please see our website for additional opportunities.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada or be in the process of obtaining the appropriate visa(s).
Southpointe Academy encourages applications from suitably qualified candidates with diverse backgrounds. We value each community member’s identity, perspective and well-being, and embrace our differences as a sign of strength. We believe in diversity, equity and inclusion and are committed to equal employment opportunities.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.