Southpointe Academy is a leading edge International Baccalaureate (IB) Continuum School surrounded by the ocean, beaches and natural beauty of South Delta. As a co-educational, secular day school serving nearly 660 students from Kindergarten to Grade 12, Southpointe is known for its strong sense of community, collaborative culture and commitment to professional development. The school fosters caring relationships with students and develops young people of character who make a positive difference in the world.
Southpointe features world leading programming through its highly acclaimed IB Primary Years (Grade K-5) and Middle Years (Grade 6-10) programmes. Southpointe is also officially authorized for the IB Diploma Programme (Grade 11-12), which completes its innovative offering of IB from entry to graduation. The educational programme is supported through modern, purpose-built facilities and amenities.
Reporting to the Junior School Principal the Junior School Administrative Coordinator position will commence as soon as possible.
Please review the attached Job Description
Role and Responsibilities:
Junior School Human Resources
- Primary Support for the Junior School Principal with screening and scheduling of interviews for new faculty;
- Note-taking during interviews with candidate teachers;
- Primary support for Human Resources Manager;
- Updating BambooHR with employee changes and information;
- Running reports in BambooHR;
- Updating confidential files as requested by the Junior School Principal;
- Research and shortlist appropriate professional development training opportunities for faculty;
- Track completed professional development training of faculty;
- Track, manage and report on teacher co-curricular obligations.
Junior School Coordination
- Lead for the Co-Curricular program for Junior School students; manage and organize all aspects of the program, including tracking, managing and reporting on teacher participation; generating class lists; communicating with parents; seeking out potential clubs with outside providers, etc.;
- Coordinate parent volunteers wherever necessary for classroom support;
Assist with all publications and communications (written and digital) related to the Junior School, including events, concerts and assemblies;
- Take minutes (or generate notes) to record agenda items in meetings; record confidential meetings with parents, faculty and members of the leadership team;
- Review calendars regularly to help predict upcoming events, logistics and required resources, and schedule parent meetings for the Principal;
Manage Pick-A-Time software to schedule parent/ student conferences and assist with documentation related to FSA testing;
- Update all official student files for Grades K-5, and ensure compliance with Ministry requirements for documentation;
- Oversee collection and tracking of other school forms, as required, including field trip documentation and scheduling and the ordering of annual school supplies (EduPac, First Class Planners, etc);
- Populate grade-level lists to various databases and systems;
- Provide back-up lunch service support to Kindergarten/Grade 1 classes;
- Assist in providing First Aid (Level 2 training will be provided);
- Other duties, as required.
Summer School Coordination
- Provide administrative assistance for the Southpointe Summer Programme;
- Assist the Summer Programme Director with the identification of vendors;
- Act as primary support the Summer Programme Director with the recruitment and management of instructors, contractors etc;
- Assist in registrations, scheduling, and coordinating with facilities;
- Providing First Aid support to summer programme attendees;
- Provide excellent customer service, including timely responses and follow-up of inquiries;
- Other duties, as required.
Essential Qualifications or Experience:
- At least 2-5 years of recent, relevant experience;
- Experience of providing human resources and administrative support;
- Experience and proficiency with spreadsheet, word processing and email applications;
- Willingness to learn how to utilise student management databases;
- Ability to work cooperatively with all members of the school community, including students;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Willingness and ability to obtain Occupational First Aid Level 2 qualification.
Salary and Benefits:
- Depending on qualifications and experience;
- Comprehensive health and dental plan, and other extended benefits;
- RRSP matching;
- Staff wellness program;
- Subsidised school lunch programme.
Hours of Work:
- Monday to Friday;
- 8.30 am – 4.30 pm;
- Year round.
Please submit your application with the following supporting documents to [email protected]:
- Cover Letter;
- Two letters of reference from past supervisors, including the most recent supervisor.
Please see our website for additional opportunities.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada or be in the process of obtaining the appropriate visa(s).
Southpointe Academy encourages applications from suitably qualified candidates with diverse backgrounds. We value each community member’s identity, perspective and well-being, and embrace our differences as a sign of strength. We believe in diversity, equity and inclusion and are committed to equal employment opportunities.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.