Southpointe Academy is a leading edge International Baccalaureate (IB) Continuum School surrounded by the ocean, beaches and natural beauty of South Delta. As a co-educational, secular day school serving nearly 600 students from Kindergarten to Grade 12, Southpointe is known for its strong sense of community, collaborative culture and commitment to professional development. The school fosters caring relationships with students and develops young people of character who make a positive difference in the world.
Southpointe features world leading programming through its highly acclaimed IB Primary Years (Grade K-5) and Middle Years (Grade 6-10) programmes. Southpointe is also an official Candidate School for the IB Diploma Programme (Grade 11-12), which will complete its innovative offering of IB from entry to graduation. The educational programme is supported through modern, purpose-built facilities and amenities.
Reporting to the Director of Advancement, the Communications and Events Coordinator is an experienced and collaborative multi-tasker. A gifted writer with a creative eye and someone who will work as part of a dynamic team to provide outstanding service and logistical support to our events portfolio. They support the development of communications for various audiences while also planning, coordinating, and implementing all Southpointe Academy events, both internal and external. This 12 month maternity leave position will commence as soon as possible.
Essential Qualifications or Experience
- 3+ years experience in a communications role;
- Extraordinary customer service, organizational and time management skills;
- Team player, but an autonomous worker, that values community with a positive, growth mindset and “can do” attitude; willing to tackle all assignments with enthusiasm!
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, etc.) and how they can be deployed;
- The ability to liaise with vendors, exhibitors, and stakeholders during the event planning process to ensure everything is in order;
- Able to work some evenings and weekends as required (limited to peak periods through the school year).
Salary and Benefits
- As per Collective Agreement;
- Comprehensive health and dental plan, and other extended benefits;
- RRSP matching;
- Staff wellness program;
- Subsidised school lunch programme.
Hours of Work
Monday to Friday;
8:00 am – 4:00 pm;
12 month maternity leave contract.
- Cover Letter;
- Two letters of reference from past supervisors, including the most recent supervisor.
Please see our website for additional opportunities.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada or be in the process of obtaining the appropriate visa(s).
Southpointe Academy encourages applications from suitably qualified candidates with diverse backgrounds. We value each community member’s identity, perspective and well-being, and embrace our differences as a sign of strength. We believe in diversity, equity and inclusion and are committed to equal employment opportunities.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.