Southpointe Academy is a leading edge International Baccalaureate (IB) Continuum School surrounded by the ocean, beaches and natural beauty of South Delta. As a co-educational, secular day school serving 660 students from Kindergarten to Grade 12, Southpointe is known for its strong sense of community, collaborative culture and commitment to professional development. The school fosters caring relationships with students and develops young people of character who make a positive difference in the world.
Southpointe features world leading programming through its highly acclaimed IB Primary Years (Grade K-5) and Middle Years (Grade 6-10) programmes. Southpointe is also officially authorized for the IB Diploma Programme (Grade 11-12), which completes its innovative offering of IB from entry to graduation. The educational programme is supported through modern, purpose-built facilities and amenities.
Southpointe is seeking an energetic, outgoing and collaborative teacher who shares a commitment to inquiry- and concept-based teaching and learning. Reporting to the Junior School Principal, the Early Primary Classroom Teacher position will commence on a date mutually agreed upon, and will end on June 28th, for the 2023-2024 school year.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
*These may include, but are not limited to…
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to support the development of an inquiry-based, transdisciplinary approach to teaching and learning;
- Foster caring, committed and supportive relationships with students and families;
- Create a classroom environment that promotes an atmosphere of mutual respect and care;
- Use engaging technology to enhance instruction and learning;
- Participate in professional development training related to the International Baccalaureate, Primary Years Programme and other educational initiatives;
- Design, prepare and deliver learning experiences that facilitate authentic engagement;
- Identify and select instructional resources and methods to meet diverse student needs;
- Design and implement a range of authentic learning assessments that provide timely feedback to students and clear direction to parents;
- Maintain accurate, ongoing and complete records of student progress for the purposes of teaching, learning and reporting;
- Prepare reports, conduct parent-teacher conferences and communicate with parents on an ongoing basis in order to foster an open and supportive relationship;
- Model a strong work ethic, high standard of commitment, and maintain excellent professionalism in all interactions with colleagues, students and parents;
- Participate in community building events, both in and out of school hours;
- Offer expertise, experience and enthusiasm when leading or organizing co-curricular activities;
- Demonstrate strong pedagogical practice in literacy and numeracy;
- Promote and support the mission, vision and values of the school.
All Southpointe educators provide co-curricular activities for students by either devising their own programmes or participating in the school’s Athletics offerings throughout the three different sporting seasons.
- Bachelor of Education or Equivalent;
- BC Ministry of Education: Certificate of Qualification or Independent School Teaching Certificate.
- Southpointe’s teacher salary grid is currently 4.5% above the Delta public school salary grid at all levels of the grid;
- The annual salary for a full-time teaching position at Southpointe Academy during the 2023-2024 school year ranges from $60,580 to $110,997 based on placement on the approved teacher salary grid;
- Placement on the approved teacher salary grid is based on level of qualifications and duration of full-time teaching experience.
- Comprehensive health and dental plan, and other extended benefits;
- Staff wellness program;
- Subsidised school lunch programme;
- Professional development resources and support;
- Curriculum leadership opportunities.
Please submit your application with the following supporting documents via this link:
- Cover letter;
- Copy of BC Ministry of Education: Certificate of Qualification or Independent School Teaching Certificate.
Please see our website for additional opportunities.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada or be in the process of obtaining the appropriate visa(s).
Southpointe Academy encourages applications from suitably qualified candidates with diverse backgrounds. We value each community member’s identity, perspective and well-being, and embrace our differences as a sign of strength. We believe in diversity, equity and inclusion and are committed to equal employment opportunities.
To apply for this job please visit southpointeacademy.bamboohr.com.