Learning Centre Teacher
Shawnigan is always looking for outstanding, worldly and world-class, diverse, and ambitious educators to inspire our students and to model our three pillars of Academic Excellence, Co-Curricular Distinction and Student Life Unparalleled. As a teacher at Shawnigan, you will contribute to all facets of life on an international boarding school campus with 85% of our students as full-time boarders, representing thirty different countries from around the world. We offer a competitive compensation package and a nurturing, family-friendly workplace.
Shawnigan Lake School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff (and volunteers) to share this commitment. Candidates will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with previous employers and a vulnerable sector criminal record check.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting directly to both the Learning Centre Director, and Dean of Academics, Learning Centre teachers are expected to
- Carry assigned load of classes while meeting all of Shawnigan’s prep, planning and reporting protocols as expected in the teaching profession;
- Collaborate with fellow department members and across departments to design and deliver content that challenges our students and prepares them for their post-secondary pathways;
- Be available to support students in their learning through tutorials or enrichment opportunities;
- Managing a caseload of up to 25 IEPs and working with those students in designated learning support blocks;
- Identifying and implementing new trends or ideas in special educational practices;
- Contributing to developing policy for IEP and learning support practices at Shawnigan Lake School;
- Contributing to developing department assessment policies for students who need accommodations;
- Ensuring special educational services adhere to ministry policy;
- Assist the Learning Centre Director with administrative tasks and coordination;
- Be involved in the full Shawnigan program and the delivery of “The Shawnigan Journey.”
Please visit our Careers Page for the full job posting, or to apply, please send a resume and cover letter specifically expressing your interest in working at Shawnigan, along with copies of your qualifications to the attention of Kirsi Lupton, Learning Centre Director, via email at [email protected].
Those who are brought forward into the interview process will receive further details about compensation, benefits and the duties and expectations of a full-time Shawnigan teacher. We ask you to please provide references at the shortlist stage of the recruitment process.
Shawnigan Lake School is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment for all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest in this position, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Position closes when filled.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.