Shawnigan Lake School is a leading independent co-educational boarding school for ages 13-18 on Canada’s beautiful west coast. Our diverse, inter-disciplinary and innovative programming helps shape the next generation of global leaders.
Shawnigan provides academic ambition to develop a culture of curiosity, collaboration, independence and resilience in our students through educators and peers who inspire our students to embrace a love of learning by challenging them to solve problems critically and creatively.
We offer a competitive compensation package and a nurturing, family-friendly workplace.
EVENTS AND EXTERNAL PROGRAMS TEAM LEAD
The Events and External Programs Team Lead is responsible for overseeing the successful execution of all Shawnigan Lake School events and programs, both internal and external. An experienced and collaborative multi-tasker is required, who will provide leadership, direction and outstanding service, while overseeing the success of a wide variety of events, inclusive of their operations and logistics.
With exceptional creativity, organisational skills and vision, the Events and External Programs Team Lead will grow Shawnigan Lake School’s reputation as a world-class leading independent co-educational boarding school. Strengthening relationships with all School departments, outside vendors, event sponsors and other stakeholders is at the core of this position. Furthermore, the Events and External Programs Team Lead improves the Schools growth through events that effectively communicate the School’s core values of Curiosity, Compassion, Community and Courage. Together with all Shawnigan staff, will contribute to the delivery of our strategic plan, Project Future.
In addition, the Events and External Programs Team Lead will play a key role in developing a business plan for year-round facility rentals and a variety of summer programs, maximizing revenue-generating opportunities.
- Degree in Event Planning, Project Management, or a related field, preferred
- 5 years events management experience, preferred
- Experience working with children from primary up to grade 12
- Experience with a boarding school or campus environment preferred
- Ability to supervise a small team
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- A high level of organization and time management skills, along with very good attention to detail
- Able to work effectively in a team setting or individually
- Comfortable in negotiating event contracts and advocating for the School
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to nurture and develop relationships with staff, volunteers, alumni, parents and students
- Proven ability to exercise tact, discretion, diplomacy and good judgment when dealing with confidential and sensitive matters
Please see our careers page for full details on this exciting opportunity.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.