Shawnigan Lake School is a leading independent co-educational boarding school for ages 13-18 on Canada’s beautiful west coast. Our diverse, inter-disciplinary and innovative programming helps shape the next generation of global leaders.
Shawnigan provides academic ambition to develop a culture of curiosity, collaboration, independence and resilience in our students through educators and peers who inspire our students to embrace a love of learning by challenging them to solve problems critically and creatively.
EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY COORDINATOR
The Educational Technology Coordinator (ETC) acts as a bridge between teachers and IT by overseeing best practices involving digital tools and integration of technology into pedagogical and practical classroom use. Both a big picture thinker and a hands-on implementer, the ETC engages with administrators, educators and support personnel to expand responsible and creative use of technology.
The ETC provides timely support and resources to teaching staff while investigating, recommending and implementing technology that enhances academic programs. The ETC possess strong communication, organization, and interpersonal skills to provide training to teaching staff, and models an exemplary level of enthusiasm and credibility to create and sustain instructional momentum in the appropriate use of technology in the School’s curriculum and classroom instruction.
This is a full-time, permanent opportunity. We offer a competitive salary, full benefits package, excellent RRSP contributions, tuition discount for day students, a flexible work environment, and a nurturing, family-friendly workplace.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIESReporting directly to the IT Manager, the Educational Technology Coordinator’s duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide proactive and reactive support to teachers in the classroom with a focus on audio-visual and computer technology;
- Provide professional development and in-service training to teachers who are adopting new platforms and integrating new technology into their practice that align with the school’s academic direction and policies;
- Create support documentation in the form of videos and step-by-step guides for new and existing systems, provide group and individual training to staff as needed;
- Orientate new staff and act as the IT liaison for queries on the proper use of classroom tools
- Track requests for support or projects, as well as their success rate, to ensure that IT resources in the classroom are being appropriately allocated and technology improvements are being implemented in a timely and appropriate fashion;
- Respond to teacher requests for new technology tools by testing their effectiveness in meeting the desired outcome, and, if appropriate, suggesting alternate platforms that could better meet educational needs or the School’s academic direction;
- Attend regular department meetings for each academic department to gather feedback on needs, to deliver training in new areas, or to troubleshoot technology issues that may be unique to a particular discipline or building;
- Work as part of the larger IT team during school breaks to install and maintain classroom technology across campus;
- Ability to work with students through the delivery of a co-curricular in IT;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in an academic discipline related to education and / or Information Technology is required;
- Demonstrated experience teaching and / or training educators on IT systems in a school environment, preferred;
- A proven record of working collaboratively with colleagues and understanding the technology struggles teachers face in the classroom;A high level of proficiency with implementing, managing, and supporting a wide array of educational technologies;
- Experienced working with teachers to integrate technology in the classroom across the full range of academic disciplines;
- Have a good level of knowledge of audio-visual and computer technologies;
- Knowledge of computer programming and electronics;
- A proven record of problem solving and managing dynamic projects;
- Proven record of professionalism, punctuality, flexibility, dependability, and reliability;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks;
- Ability to work with students grade 8-12 through the delivery of a co-curricular in IT, advantageous;
- Ability to listen, learn and adapt in a fast paced, and changing environment.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter expressing your interest to the attention of Kyle McMullin, IT Manager, via email at [email protected] Applications may also be mailed to the General Office at:
Attention: Human Resources
Shawnigan Lake School
1975 Renfrew Road
Shawnigan Lake, BC V0R cW1
Shawnigan Lake School is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment for all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest in this position, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Competition closes when filled.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.