Shawnigan Lake School is a leading independent co-educational boarding school for ages 13-18 on Canada’s beautiful west coast. Our diverse, inter-disciplinary and innovative programming helps shape the next generation of global leaders.
Shawnigan provides academic ambition to develop a culture of curiosity, collaboration, independence and resilience in our students through educators and peers who inspire our students to embrace a love of learning by challenging them to solve problems critically and creatively.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Advancement & Community Engagement, the Advancement Coordinator works with all members of the Advancement & Community Engagement team to ensure the smooth operation of the department.
This is a full-time, permanent opportunity. We offer a competitive salary, full benefits package, excellent RRSP contributions, tuition discount for day students, a flexible work environment, and a nurturing, family-friendly workplace.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitoring, maintaining, and supporting all advancement systems, and annual calendars, promoting a high level of professional practice and performance
- Coordinate and prepare grant applications, and other fundraising initiatives
- Maintain up-to-date information on constituents, fundraising actions and gifts
- Develop and maintain tracking system(s) to ensure all donations receive personalized expressions of gratitude in a timely manner
- Use Raiser’s Edge database to pull reports, build queries, research past activity, and track event attendance
- Receive and respond to general Advancement Office phone calls, emails and mail inquiries
- Greet guests to Advancement Office and direct them to the appropriate staff member
- Ensure the shared space in the Advancement Office is kept orderly and displayed materials are up-to-date
- Ensure adequate inventory of shared office supplies and work with IT and Maintenance regarding equipment troubleshooting
- Coordinate team meetings, prepare agendas, gather supporting materials, take notes, and distribute minutes
- Track department members vacation and ensure back-up coverage is in place for staff absences
- Liaise with suppliers and contractors and process invoices
- Support the development and ensure implementation and management of department policies and procedures
- Support Advancement Office staff in the coordination of larger events such as Founder’s Day, Parent gatherings and community golf tournaments.
- Work with Communications to coordinate Advancement publication and marketing material orders
- Provide leave and vacation coverage for SLS Foundation Accounts Coordinator and Database Manager when required
- Coordinate software and process training for department staff, as needed
- Ensure new staff members have office space set up and ready prior to arrival, and are trained on department policies, procedures and systems
- Other duties as assigned
- Completion of post-secondary education with a degree, diploma or certificate in Office Administration, Marketing or Communications, preferred
- 3-5 years previous administrative experience, with demonstrated background in supervising support staff or volunteers
- A combination of relevant education and experience will be considered
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications (especially MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint), as well as Google Suite
- Experience with navigating large databases, (Raiser’s Edge database experience preferred)
- Comfortable navigating social media and representing the School in a manner consistent with the School’s mission
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an interest in graphic design
- Hard-working, motivated cause-oriented professional
- Creative and comfortable implementing new ideas
- Demonstrated abilities in producing mail merges
- A high level of organization and time management skills, management skills along with very good attention to detail
- Proven ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Able to work effectively in a team setting or individually
- Flexible, ability to adapt well to change and prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to nurture and develop relationships with staff, volunteers, parents and students
- Proven ability to exercise tact, discretion and good judgment when dealing with confidential and sensitive matters
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter expressing your interest to the attention of Greg Stevenson, Executive Director of Advancement & Community Engagement, via email at [email protected] Applications may also be mailed to the General Office at:
Attention: Human Resources
Shawnigan Lake School
1975 Renfrew Road
Shawnigan Lake, BC V0R 2W1
Shawnigan Lake School is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment for all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest in this position, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Competition closes when filled.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.