Imagine working at a school where every student matters, every family matters, community matters, and learning for life matters. Imagine a school where priority is given to the holistic development of students, alongside a robust academic and extended day program; a school where faculty and staff engage a sense of purpose within a supportive environment. Imagine a place where there is genuine support and engagement from an authentic and diverse community – a community that has the courage to embrace the innovation and creativity needed for the future. Imagine Brockton School!
Brockton School is a nondenominational coeducational Junior Kindergarten to Grade 12, independent school, located in North Vancouver, British Columbia. As an IB World Continuum School, Brockton offers the Primary Years, Middle Years, Diploma, and Career-Related programmes (one of a handful of schools around the globe with such innovative programming).
Brockton School is not only a place of employment, it is a place of purpose.
Faculty and Staff receive healthy and competitive compensation packages and have the joy of working with low staff:student ratios in a supportive, innovative, and collaborative environment. Brockton prioritizes ongoing professional development and supports staff on their own personal/professional journey. Brockton’s mission is to inspire the growth of outstanding humans – and that includes inspiring the continual growth of our faculty and staff.
If you are looking to be a part of something special, to be in a place where your voice will be heard and your impact valued, to be in a role that will allow you to make a meaningful difference in the lives of others with multiple opportunities for advancement, please see the opportunity below.
The following position is available for expressions of interest:
Senior School Spanish and French Teacher – Full Time
Brockton School is currently seeking a Senior School Spanish and French Teacher to help us in our mission to inspire the growth of outstanding humans. This is a full time role. Please note: this role may include all French courses, or French and Spanish courses, depending on the skills and experience of the teacher.
As part of the Senior School staff and the Languages Department, the teacher will work collaboratively with members of the Brockton IB MYP, DP, and CP teams, and with other members of Faculty/Staff. As a member of the teaching team, this teacher will report to the Divisional Director and to the IB MYP, IB DP and IB CP Coordinators.
* BC Teacher Certification (Teachers Regulation Branch) or alternative as supported by the BC Teachers Regulation Branch
* Interest in being part of a dynamic and visionary IB school community
Experience in teaching (or proven ability to teach)
* 3-5 years of successful teaching experience in the curricular field(s)
Expectations include but are not limited to:
* Align with and promote Brockton School’s Strategic Plan while engaging with the school’s philosophies and strategies
* Place student safety and well-being as the priority in all instances
* Inspire students to want to learn; promote growth mindsets and lifelong learning
* Model and promote the Brockton Portrait of the Graduate & the IB Learner Profile
* Work collaboratively with Programme Coordinators to understand and implement the requirements of the IB Programmes (MYP, DP, CP)
* Cultivate a learning environment that is student-centred, that recognizes each student (and family) as unique, and that promotes authentic and professional connections/relationships
* Embrace high standards of professional conduct and professional excellence; pursue best and innovative practice; embrace lifelong learning and personal/ professional growth
* Communicate and respond appropriately and genuinely with students, parents, and other community members, respecting diverse needs and perspectives (including one’s own)
* Actively, and with a positive mindset, support and work alongside colleagues in one’s individual and collective work; acknowledge that we are on a shared journey and that we are better together; trust and be trustworthy
* Approach problem-solving with flexibility and positivity
* Have fun
Please submit a cover letter followed by a resume as one attachment (MS Word or PDF format) and quote the position of interest in the subject line of your email: [email protected] This posting will remain open for applicants until successfully filled.
We thank all candidates for their applications; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that applicants must have legal standing to work and teach in British Columbia. Criminal Record Check clearance is a condition of initial and ongoing employment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.