At Kenneth Gordon Maplewood School (KGMS), we believe that every child is unique and that their differences should be celebrated. We believe in an innovative approach to education that’s forward-thinking yet rooted in history. We believe that every child deserves to fit in, to feel like they’re on the inside.
This position is to work as a member of KGMS’ high school (grade 9-12) teaching team in the Math area. Teaching responsibilities include whole-class instruction, as well as individual and small group instruction of students who need specialized programming and instruction. The ideal candidate will have a broad range of academic qualifications and teaching skills in order to meet the needs of students in core areas of the curriculum. Special Education qualifications and knowledge of the Orton-Gillingham approach would be considered assets. In collaboration with co-teachers, teacher responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Use of a variety of instructional techniques and modalities, including technologies, that are suitable to the age, needs, readiness and abilities of students and the subject matter being taught within the School Program;
- Working to develop skills and stimulate thought through student centred experiences and activities, with due consideration for individual differences, including Orton-Gillingham methodologies and the School Program;
- Adaptation and modification of instruction to suit the diverse learning styles of students;
- Creation, monitoring and evaluation of student Individual Education Plans in collaboration with a student’s school based team;
- Cooperation and collaboration with colleagues and associated personnel in utilizing existing educational services and resources for the benefit of the students;
- Participation in the development and implementation of the philosophy and practices of the School and work in co-operative ways with colleagues to promote the welfare of students;
- Maintaining appropriate, accurate records of student achievement, attendance and other necessary data
How to apply
Please email your expression of interest to Ms Suzanne MacLeod, Head of School, at [email protected].
Salary and benefits are paid as per the collective agreement. Salary depending on experience with a range of $52,483.18 – $88,943.91.
At KGMS we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring a barrier-free work environment. We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers, from BIPOC (black, indigenous, and people of colour), persons with disabilities, and 2SLGBTQ. If you are an applicant with a disability, we will work with you to make reasonable workplace accommodations you may need for your best work performance.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.