French Teacher – Junior and Middle School
Part Time – 0.4-0.6 FTE
Start Date : 1 March 2024
Posting for March – June 2024, with potential for extension
Brockton School: Inspiring the Growth of Outstanding Humans.
Imagine working at a school where every student matters, every family matters, community matters, and learning for life matters. Imagine a school where priority is given to the holistic development of students, alongside a robust academic and extended day program; a school where faculty and staff engage a sense of purpose within a supportive environment. Imagine a place where there is genuine support and engagement from an authentic and diverse community – a community that has the courage to embrace the innovation and creativity needed for the future. Imagine Brockton School!
Brockton School is a nondenominational coeducational Junior Kindergarten to Grade 12, independent school, located in North Vancouver, British Columbia. As an IB World Continuum School, Brockton offers the Primary Years, Middle Years, Diploma, and Career-Related programmes (one of a handful of schools around the globe with such innovative programming).
Brockton School is not only a place of employment, it is a place of purpose.
Faculty and Staff receive healthy and competitive compensation packages and have the joy of working with low staff:student ratios in a supportive, innovative, and collaborative environment. Brockton prioritizes ongoing professional development and supports staff on their own personal/professional journey. Brockton’s mission is to inspire the growth of outstanding humans – and that includes inspiring the continual growth of our faculty and staff.
If you are looking to be a part of something special, to be in a place where your voice will be heard and your impact valued, to be in a role that will allow you to make a meaningful difference in the lives of others with multiple opportunities for advancement, please see the opportunity below.
Please note that applicants must already have legal standing to work in Canada and teaching certification in British Columbia. Criminal Record Check clearance is a condition of initial and ongoing employment.
The following position is available for expressions of interest:
FRENCH TEACHER – Junior and Middle School – Part Time – 0.4 – 0.6 FTE
Position for March – June 2024, with potential for extension in 2024-25 school year
Brockton School is currently seeking a part time Junior and Middle School French teacher. The French teacher will work collaboratively with members of the JK-Grade 5 PYP team, the Grade 6-7 POD team, the Languages Department Chair, and with other members of Faculty/Staff. As a member of the teaching team, this teacher will report to the Divisional Directors and to the PYP and MYP Coordinators.
❏ BC Teacher Certification (Teachers Regulation Branch) or alternative as supported by the BC Teachers Regulation Branch
❏ Interest in being part of a dynamic and visionary IB school community.
❏ Post-secondary degree in an area of Languages with specific experience in French.
❏ Experience in teaching (or proven ability to teach)
❏ 3-5 years of successful experience teaching French to non-French speaking elementary age students
Expectations include but are not limited to:
- Align with and promote Brockton School’s Strategic Plan while engaging with the school’s philosophies and strategies
- Place student safety and well-being as the priority in all instances
- Inspire students to want to learn; promote growth mindsets and lifelong learning
- Model and promote the Portrait of the Graduate & the IB Learner Profile
- Cultivate a learning environment that is student-centred, that recognizes each student (and family) as unique, and that promotes authentic and professional connections/relationships
- Become involved in enrichment opportunities by helping with and/or leading Language-related activities, both in and out of class time
- Use a variety of pedagogical approaches and lesson design to ensure students’ progress in their skills within the target-language.
- Embrace high standards of professional conduct and professional excellence; pursue best and innovative practice; embrace lifelong learning and personal/ professional growth
- Communicate and respond appropriately and genuinely with students, parents, and other community members, respecting diverse needs and perspectives (including one’s own)
- Actively, and with a positive mindset, support and work alongside colleagues in one’s individual and collective work; acknowledge that we are on a shared journey and that we are better together; trust and be trustworthy
- Approach problem-solving with flexibility and positivity
- Have fun !
This position is for the balance of the 2023-24 school year, with potential for extension in 2024-25.
Salary Range: Brockton Faculty Salary Grid
Example – For TQS Category 5 (Step 0) $60,287 to $99,092 (Step 10 ) per annum
Brockton School holds inclusion to be one of our core values, and welcomes the benefits of a diversity of perspectives and experiences. We encourage application by candidates from communities that have been traditionally underrepresented at independent schools, and are happy to provide accommodation in the interviewing process. If you would like an accommodation, please indicate this information in your cover letter.
Please submit a Cover Letter – including your BC Teacher Registration number – followed by a Resume as one attachment (MS Word or PDF format) and quote the position of interest in the subject line of your email:
This posting will remain open for applicants until successfully filled. While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.