Teacher Librarian/Learning Commons Specialist (JK-Gr.12) – PART/FULL TIME
Brockton School is seeking a teacher librarian/learning commons specialist for the 2021/22 school year. The position can be combined with other duties to exist as a FULL TIME role and/or can be considered as a PART TIME role. The teacher-leader will work collaboratively with teachers and staff across the school. As a member of the teaching team, this teacher will report to the Divisional Directors and to the IB Coordinators.
- BC Teacher Certification (Teachers Regulation Branch) or alternative as supported by the BC Teachers Regulation Branch
- Interest in being part of a dynamic and visionary IB school community
- Experience in teaching (or proven ability to teach)
- 3-5 years of successful teaching experience in the curricular field(s)
Expectations include but are not limited to:
- Align with and promote Brockton School’s Strategic Plan while engaging with the school’s philosophies and strategies
- Place student safety and well-being as the priority in all instances
- Inspire students to want to learn; promote growth mindsets and lifelong learning
- Model and promote the Brockton Portrait of the Graduate & the IB Learner Profile
- Cultivate a learning environment that is student-centred, that recognizes each student (and family) as unique, and that promotes authentic and professional connections/relationships
- Embrace high standards of professional conduct and professional excellence; pursue best and innovative practice; embrace lifelong learning and personal/ professional growth
- Communicate and respond appropriately and genuinely with students, parents, and other community members, respecting diverse needs and perspectives (including one’s own)
- Actively, and with a positive mindset, support and work alongside colleagues in one’s individual and collective work; acknowledge that we are on a shared journey and that we are better together; trust and be trustworthy
- Approach problem-solving with flexibility and positivity
- Have fun
Please submit a cover letter followed by a resume as one attachment (MS Word or PDF format) and quote the reference #G021 and the position of interest in the subject line of your email to: [email protected] This posting will remain open for applicants until successfully filled.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.