At Kenneth Gordon Maplewood School (KGMS), we believe that every child is unique and that their differences should be celebrated. We believe in an innovative approach to education that’s forward-thinking yet rooted in history. We believe that every child deserves to fit in, to feel like they’re on the inside. Above all, we believe in the potential of our students. Our students work in a dynamic classroom setting that includes the whole class, small group and one-on-one tutoring.
All educators at KGMS play an important role in the delivery of academic, social-emotional and behavioural support programs. The roles of each Support Worker may vary depending on the skills, qualifications and experience of those whom we employ.We are currently seeking experienced support workers to join our dynamic educational team. Resource Support persons perform tasks both in and out of the classroom and provide assistance with the instructional program for students. The Resource Support person facilitates the learning and inclusion of students within all school and community settings.
- Work in collaboration with classroom teachers and Learning Resource support members to organize various resources and support programs for individual students
- Support individual and small groups of learners who require additional attention to navigate the school day (e.g. in areas including social, emotional, executive functioning, behavioural and academic support.
- Assist individual stdents as outlined in an Individual Education Plan (IEP) or Behavioral support plan (BSP) following guidance from classroom teachers, specialists, counsellors and learning resource teachers.
- Work in collaboration with teachers to organize support and strategies in response to individual student needs
- Be part of regular meetings about student learning with the school-based team of educators and families
- Support school events
- Provide supervision duties at recess and lunchtimes
Qualifications will include:
- Experience supporting a range of learning needs informed by research and best practice in an inclusive classroom setting (e.g. ADHD, ASD, OCD, sensory and regulation needs)
- Experience documenting student behaviour and progress
- Experience supporting early literacy and numeracy development
- Strongly committed to student learning and success; being able to understand theneeds of students while engaging them as active learners in the classroom
- Awareness of diverse learning styles
Salary and benefits shall be determined under the terms of the Collective Agreement.
KGMS we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring a barrier-free work environment. We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers, from BIPOC (black, indigenous, and people of colour), persons with disabilities, and 2SLGBTQ. If you are an applicant with a disability, we will work with you to make reasonable workplace accommodations you may need for your best work performance.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.