At Kenneth Gordon Maplewood School (KGMS), we believe that every child is unique and that their differences should be celebrated. We believe in an innovative approach to education that’s forward-thinking yet rooted in history. We believe that every child deserves to fit in, to feel like they’re on the inside. Above all, we believe in the potential of our students. Our students work in a dynamic classroom setting that includes the whole class, small group and one-on-one tutoring.
Many students benefit from the Orton Gillingham (OG) tutoring program for many it is an integral part of our students’ education. Each student up to grade 8 receives one block of tutoring daily. High school students in grades 9 to 12 are tutored on a needs basis as determined by the student’s educational team. Tutoring may also focus on Mathematics instruction, Social Emotional Learning, and target interventions in collaboration with our Speech and Language Pathologist, Occupational Therapist or Developmental Specialist.
KGMS is currently recruiting tutors to join our diverse team. We offer mentorship in the OG approach, but we are also looking for tutors who can support our students in other complementary academic and/or developmental areas.
If you are an educator who enjoys working as part of a collaborative team focused on differentiated education please feel free to submit a Resume and cover letter.
KGMS Tutors will:
- conduct individualized tutorial sessions for students that support the student’s individual goals.
- design and implement engaging academic exercises and activities that further support the child’s progress toward academic and personal goals
- maintain all necessary records required to demonstrate the student’s academic progress in accordance with the KGMS documentation processes
- communicate and collaborate with classroom teachers, professional services, admin team members, students, parents and relevant stakeholders
- be an engaged team member in the KGMS community
Salary and benefits are paid as per the collective agreement.
At KGMS we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring a barrier-free work environment. We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers, from BIPOC (black, indigenous, and people of colour), persons with disabilities, and 2SLGBTQ. If you are an applicant with a disability, we will work with you to make reasonable workplace accommodations you may need for your best work performance.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.