KGMS is currently recruiting for a Director of Development and Advancement. This is a non-union position, reporting directly to the Head of School. The Director of Development and Advancement is a full time continuing position beginning in August 2023.
Located in North Vancouver, Kenneth Gordon Maplewood School (KGMS) is an Independent K – 12 day school, dedicated to the education of exceptional students. We have 85 educators that work collaboratively to teach students in a dynamic educational environment. In addition to BC prescribed curriculum, we prioritize experiential education, co-curricular activities, social emotional learning, applied skills and the arts.
The successful candidate will work directly with the Head of School, Senior Leadership, marketing, communications and admissions to enhance the scope of fundraising and advancement at KGMS. This position will require expertise in planning and executing strategies in order to maximize philanthropic support from the KGMS community, community stakeholders and corporate sponsorship.
We are looking for an individual who demonstrates a high degree of professionalism and integrity, and a strong commitment to continuous improvement. As a collaborative member of the senior leadership team, the successful candidate will possess a strong strategic outlook and have the natural ability to connect with others.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, public relations or other related discipline.
- A strong background in an advancement capacity cultivating, soliciting and stewarding donors and growing fundraising programs is desired; however, a combination of education and experience may be considered for the right candidate.
- Be highly accountable and organized, and thrive in a busy student centered environment.
- Possess exceptional communication and presentation skills.
Experience and understanding of the needs of neurodiverse individuals would be an asset.
- Innovative and strategic thinking, and exceptional problem solving, analytical and organizational skills.
- 3 years of related experience.
- AFP affiliation.
- Familiar with and an understanding of A Donors Bill of Rights.
- Plan, develop, execute, manage and evaluate all aspects of a comprehensive fund development program including major gifts, direct mail, capital campaign, sponsorship, grant writing, planned giving and special events.
- Establish, coordinate, and execute strategic fundraising plans including measurable goals, and schedule of activities, and associated budgets with an emphasis on increased and sustained revenue.
- Foster the growth of best practices in gift processing, data management and donor communications.
- Adopt a collaborative leadership approach promoting an organizational culture that places value on the contributions and insights of all members of the team.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships throughout the organization and with outside constituencies.
- Skillful creation of persuasive and compelling presentations of goals and objectives in order to secure gifts.
- Develop partnerships with external stakeholders.
- Stay abreast of changes or trends in fund development in order to inform and successfully advise senior management on strategic priorities.
- Manage Capital Campaign for Creation.
- Manage and direct corporate and foundation prospects to support.
- Supporting events, delivery of event support on stewardship and cultivation events.
Demonstrate a strong code of ethics and maintain confidentiality.
KGMS offers a comprehensive total compensation package including health benefits and RRSP program.
At KGMS we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring a barrier-free work environment. We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers, from BIPOC (black, indigenous, and people of color), persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQ (persons of all sexual orientations and genders). If you are an applicant with a disability, we will work with you to make reasonable workplace accommodations you may need for your best work performance.
How to apply
Please email your expression of interest along with current resume to Head of School, Suzanne MacLeod, at [email protected]
Posting will remain open until filled
Kenneth Gordon Maplewood School will only use and retain personal information for the purpose for which it was collected. Any personal information provided will be maintained in confidence.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.