Brockton School: Inspiring the Growth of Outstanding Humans.
Working with Brockton School: not only a place of employment, Brockton is a place of purpose!
Imagine working at a school where every student matters, every family matters, community matters, and learning for life matters. Imagine a school where priority is given to the holistic development of students, alongside a robust academic and extended day program; a school where faculty and staff feel a sense of purpose within a supportive environment. Imagine a place where there is genuine support and engagement from an authentic and diverse community – a community that has the courage to embrace the innovation and creativity needed for the future. Imagine Brockton School!
Brockton School is a not-for-profit, non-denominational, co-educational, Junior Kindergarten to Grade 12, independent school, located in North Vancouver, British Columbia. As an IB World School, Brockton offers the Primary Years, Middle Years, Diploma and Career-Related programmes.
The following position is available for expressions of interest.
DIRECTOR OF COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT (Advancement) – FULL TIME
Brockton is currently seeking an enthusiastic, confident, and dynamic leader to be part of our Executive Leadership team at Brockton School. The Director of Community Development is a skilled Advancement professional who brings expertise and ability in development/fund-raising, community connections, and marketing & communications to a very special and purpose-filled community. With a demonstrated track record in advancement leadership, the Director of Community Development will be a key stakeholder in charting the school’s path into the future.
About This Role
As a member of the Executive Leadership team, and reporting to the Head of School, the Director of Community Development plays a key role in providing leadership and execution of the school’s Development / Fundraising, Community Connections, and Marketing & Communication Programs. This position works collaboratively with other members of the Executive Leadership Team, members of the Board, and members of the Brockton community. This position involves supervision of staff (direct reports) as well as oversight with contracted providers of select services.
PRIMARY DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
The Director of Community Development’s primary responsibilities are:
1 – Serves as a key member of the Executive Leadership Team and promotes the vision, mission, guiding principles, and strategic plan of the school.
* Uses relevant research, data mining, demographic information, market analysis, and competitive analysis in support of strategic planning for areas of responsibility.
* Leads and manages direct reports (on staff or contracted) that may include (but are not limited to) Marketing/Communications Coordinator, Graphic Designer, Digital Media Consultants, Photographer / Videographer, Database Manager, etc.
* Produces regular reports of progress that include but are not limited to monthly board reports and quarterly personal/professional divisional/department reports.
2 – Leads, creates, implements, and evaluates the strategic and tactical Development/Fund-raising Program.
* In collaboration with key stakeholders, including the Head of School, the Board of Trustees, and the Advancement Committee of the Board, creates fundraising goals and associated strategies.
* Leads the planning and execution of key fundraising programs such as the Annual Fund, Capital Campaigns, Major Gift Programs, Endowment Programs, etc.
* Acts as a lead in identifying, cultivating, and stewarding potential donors (those within the school community, those in our external community, and those with potential influence for the school community).
* Leads the development of written proposals and materials required to support fundraising efforts (e.g., case for support, annual report, giving and recognition policies, etc.).
* Actively participates in board member recruitment and engagement.
3 – Leads, creates, implements, and evaluates the strategic and tactical Marketing and Communications Plan.
* In collaboration with key stakeholders and with appropriate market research: develops, implements, evaluates and coordinates print and digital marketing strategies, communications, and public relations activities.
* Oversees the guidelines and implementation in the area of branding, marketing, communications, and public relations for respective divisions/departments of the school community.
4 – Leads, creates, implements, and evaluates the strategic and tactical Community Connections Plan.
* Leads opportunities to build and nurture community (with a particular lens towards the promotion of school image/vision/mission, community engagement, volunteerism, fund-raising, etc.).
* Leads the planning and execution of select fundraising/community development related communications/events/activities (e.g., Wine and Cheese, Gala, Golf Tournament, etc).
* Participates in relevant professional development opportunities to ensure kept current with roles and responsibilities.
* Performs other related duties as required.
* Training, proven experience, proven ability, and/or combination to perform the duties/responsibilities and accountabilities as described.
* Advanced knowledge and experience in fundraising programs and donor relations.
* Ability to provide, communicate, and engage a clear vision as it relates to areas of responsibility.
* Ability to inspire, lead, manage, supervise, and evaluate a team.
* Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
* Effective time-management skills.
* Desire and capacity to align with the vision, mission, guiding principles, and exciting past, present, and future of Brockton School.
* Positivity, flexibility, and ability to have fun.
* Prior experience with or understanding of independent school culture is an asset.
* Knowledge of Development Database systems (e.g., Donor Perfect) is an asset.
Please submit a cover letter followed by a resume as one attachment ( PDF format ) and quote ‘Application – Director of Community Development’ in the subject line of your email message to: [email protected]. This posting will remain open for applicants until successfully filled.
We thank all candidates for their applications; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Diversity and inclusion are core Brockton values. Brockton invites applications for this position from every qualified candidate already holding legal standing to work in Canada (e.g. Canadian citizenship, Permanent Residence visa, or an open Work Permit) and who is willing to undergo a Criminal Records Check.
A clear and current Criminal Records Check is an initial and ongoing condition of employment for this role.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.