Position Title: Bus Driver – Casual / On Call
Reports to: Manager of Transportation
Nature and Scope
The Bus Driver, under the direction of the Manager of Transportation, will primarily be responsible
for transporting students and adults from Brentwood to a variety of locations and venues, in an
efficient and safe manner. The Bus Driver will be responsible for following established routes,
schedules and protocols so that passengers are picked up from/ arrive at their destination on-time.
The Bus Drivers’ prime consideration is the safety of the students and staff while transporting,
loading and unloading passengers. Our Bus Drivers are an essential part of our educational system,
and we value their contributions. This position offers flexibility, a varying schedule, and
interesting excursions. In response to COVID-19, we have implemented additional mitigation
strategies in the transportation department, and throughout the school.
• Safely deliver students to and from Sports Events, School Excursions, Airports,
Ferry Terminals and the School, following an assigned time schedule.
• Transport students on special trips; e.g. to medical appointments, as required.
• Assist students with boarding and exiting, loading and unloading of belongings and
in safely navigating the bus’ surroundings while in traffic areas.
• Comply with Government statutory regulations, and ensure Brentwood College School
policies and procedures are followed, to operate vehicles in a safe and courteous manner.
• Resolve any conflicts in a positive, respectful and proactive manner.
• Complete vehicle inspections prior to departing for any trip.
• Complete vehicle inspections post trip; follow proper cleaning procedures.
• Report any bus malfunctions or needed repairs to the Manager or Supervisor.
• Read and interpret maps and directions.
• Complete all necessary paperwork as required, such as, trip and mileage logs.
• Aptness to read and interpret maps.
• Other duties, as assigned.
• Possess a Valid Class II Driver’s License.
• Minimum 5 years safe driving experience.
• Clean driver’s abstract.
• A First Aid certificate is considered an asset.
• WHMIS is considered an asset.
• Ability to complete and maintain a log book, manually and electronically.
• Ability to complete pre and post trips electronically.
• Excellent driving skills and habits.
• Wherewithal to remain attentive when faced with distractions.
• Competence in dealing with possible passenger misconduct situations effectively.
• Problem solving ability to navigate through unanticipated events, such as detours.
• Enjoys working with and being around young people.
• Work normally requires handling multiple demands and repetitive tasks amid
distractions and interruptions.
• Work normally requires a high level of mental effort, concentration and special
awareness while operating the vehicle.
• Good physical conditioning and agility strength is required to perform all
requirements of the position on a daily basis, including lifting up to 50 pounds, bending,
twisting, reaching, grasping, etc.
• Maybe required to be seated for long periods of time.
• Repetitive work.
• Manual dexterity required to operate a large motor vehicle.
• Exposure to all weather conditions.
• Ability to complete a Criminal Record Check (Ministry of Justice BC).
• Schedule availability should include weekdays and weekends with potential for
shifts to start anytime 24/7.
• Interacts with the public at large, and particularly, High School Students.
Qualified applicants should forward their applications, including cover letter and résumé, to the
attention of Human Resources. This posting will remain open until position filled.
Fax (250) 743-8446 | [email protected] 2735 Mt. Baker Road, Mill Bay, BC V0R 2P1
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.