Manager, Marketing and Communications
This role provides leadership and consultation around marketing and communications to advance the school’s strategic priorities. Responsible for developing and implementing marketing and communications plans that support the school’s admissions, advancement and brand as well as school-wide teaching and learning initiatives. The Manager, Marketing and Communications is also responsible for developing effective relationships with various school stakeholders to develop opportunities for integrated and collaborative communication projects and stories. The position works collaboratively with the Senior Management Team, Leadership Team, the school’s External Events Manager and other department managers, as well as various Brentwood communications stakeholders and, will participate on a number of planning committees. They are responsible for the supervision of the school’s marketing and communications team including assignment of work and managing performance. Organizationally reports to the Director of Advancement.
- Manages and implements a communications strategic plan and yearly operational plan that supports Brentwood’s strategic priorities – Admissions, Advancement, Brand
- Develops and implements marketing and communications plans for Brentwood, providing strategic vision for marketing activities and ensuring all communications is aligned
- Collaborates with key school administrators and staff to facilitate collaborative projects and develops accurate content and messaging for communications programs
- Manages the Marketing and Communications team
- Manages Brentwood’s digital presence including paid and organic social media planning
- Develops communication policies and processes with senior management
- Manages communications and marketing projects and coordinates workflow
- Manages supplier relationships
- Manages the sourcing and booking of media, both digital and traditional
- Manages the subscriptions and content for sponsored and affiliate sites
- Maintains Brentwood’s visual identity with internal and external partners and acts as a brand steeward of Brentwood’s visual identity
- Manages the development and maintenance of Brentwood’s website with the webmaster, as well as other Brentwood affiliated websites including content and updatesOversees editorial content and delivery of digital and print-based publications (e-newsletters, etc.)
- Develops communication plans for large-scale outreach activities and special events (working with appropriate departments)
- Co-ordinates media relations activities with the Office of the Head of School
- Provides front-line tactical communications expertise to staff, as required, develops presentations for Brentwood’s senior management and leadership
- Support teaching and learning initiatives and programs
- Management of budgets – recommending annual marketing and communications budget and tracking
- Makes decisions regarding the implementation of specialized communications and marketing initiatives.
Education / Experience
- Prefer undergraduate degree in communications, marketing, or public relations;
- Minimum of 5 years experience or communications services or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience developing and implementing communications plans and executing tactics
- Experience in the education category
- Ability to plan and implement a broad range of digital and non-digital communication and marketing projects and to effectively deliver results.
- Demonstrated understanding of web design and usability best practices.
- Effective oral and written communication, interpersonal, planning, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated experience in web content development including writing for the web,
- Ability to develop and manage strategic partnerships.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a project-based environment and handle multiple and concurrent priorities.
- Capacity for creativity and innovation; ability to exercise initiative, resourcefulness and judgement.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work in an interculturally rich environment.
- Ability to provide sound communications advice and recommendations to colleagues based on best practices.
- Experience supervising contractors and providing direction to those assisting with communications projects.
- Understanding of communications trends and best practices
- This position will, at times, also be directed by other senior members of the school and work directly with the Office of the Head of School.
- Works in a fast-paced 7 day school environment within a modern and progressive educational setting (University Prep School);
- Criminal Record Check clearance is a condition of initial and ongoing employment;
- The work environment and the responsibilities of this position provide for a high degree of self-direction in setting work priorities. Consistent with the professional nature of the work, there is an expectation to work in excess/outside of a typical work schedule.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Qualified applicants should forward their applications, including cover letter and résumé, to the attention of Human Resources no later than at noon on Friday April 30, 2021. Fax (250) 743-8446 | [email protected] 2735 Mt. Baker Road, Mill Bay, BC V0R 2P1 www.brentwood.bc.ca
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.