Reporting to the Director of Advancement, the Event & Volunteer Manager will provide leadership in the coordination, implementation, and evaluation of all Meadowridge School events and volunteer engagements. Working with staff and community members, the Event & Volunteer Manager is the principal conduit by which all event planning and related communications are handled. This person should have a love for event management, provide outstanding customer service, be an enthusiastic professional and be able to build relationships.
Event Management 90%
· In collaboration with various departments and people across the School, the Event & Volunteer Manager will support the overall mission, vision, and strategic direction through various school events and initiatives.
· Create a high quality guest experience through attention to detail, strong organizational skills, creative thinking, and a passion for events.
· Lead the development of new events, and maintain, organize and coordinate existing events from concept to completion, ensuring they operate smoothly, efficiently, and generate maximum revenue and exposure. Existing events include but are not limited to the Welcome Back Picnic, Head Socials, Giving Day, Alumni Home for the Holidays, Gala, Information Sessions, Volunteer Appreciation, Golf Tournament, New Family Orientation, Open Houses, and Board Retreat.
· Collaborate with various school departments and community members to create and implement event specific communication strategies, plans and programs including goals and objectives and means to achieve them.
· Coordinate school events through event planning processes, committee meetings, assisting the marketing team with strategic event promotion and marketing, securing event materials, as well as directing all logistics and flow of the event.
· Manage RFP solicitation process for logistic vendors and suppliers. Secure all required contracts, invoices, proof of insurance and other documentation as needed.
· Provide leadership and oversight to other members involved in the event with the ability to delegate and supervise responsibitlies related to event execution.
· Implement organizational tools such as production timelines, contact lists, and on-site deliverables schedule.
· Maintains a calendar of internal as well as local community events (must stay in the know of other local community events and industry trends).
· Post event responsibilities include timely thank you communications, compiling event feedback and sharing post event recap with team, ensure invoices are processed and filed properly, and budget reconciliation. Also includes maintaining accurate and up-to-date records and files for all event management projects.
· Liase with the Data & Operations Specialist in the Advancement Office to maintain event and volunteer data in the Raiser’s Edge database.
· Assists the Advancement office in supporting the Parent Guild, including Parent Guild led events such as Diwali, Chinese Lunar New Year, and Eid Mubarak.
· Actively participate on staff and school committees as necessary and as appropriate.
Volunteer Management 10%
· Manage all aspects of volunteer committees and volunteer coordination, including but not limited to, staffing, recruitment, supervision, training, and acknowledgement.
· Assist the front office with criminal record check verification and documentation.
· Build relationships with volunteers and other constituents through face-to-face meetings and events.
· Manage and supervise event volunteers and contractors.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
· Preference of post-secondary degree in a related field and 5 years of experience in event and volunteer management, preferably in the not-for-profit sector.
· Knowledge of events industry and ability to accurately multitask under pressure with attention to detail.
· Outcome driven and customer service focussed.
· Comfortability in assisting a development/fundraising role where building relationships with our supporters and volunteers is key.
· Excellent written, presentation, verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
· Experience or ability to learn to operate basic audio/visual equipment.
· Ability to work well independently on several projects concurrently.
· Outstanding work ethic and initiative.
· Organized, enthusiastic, innovative and able to deal with ambiguity and tight deadlines while working effectively in an open team environment.
· Understanding of Raiser’s Edge database is considered an asset.
· Valid BC driver’s license and flexibility to travel locally.
· Ability to work flexible hours as some events are in the evening/weekend.
· Initiates and completes processes that achieve new, unique, or challenging objectives.
· Establishes goals and achieve increases in organizational effectiveness.
· Advocates and exhibits excellent customer service internally and externally.
· Welcomes a dynamic and changing environment.
· Enthusiastic and creative with a positive attitude
· Accepts ownership and accountability and possesses a high level of integrity.
· Outgoing and engaging.
We are an exemplary employer – providing a fun, engaging and supportive place to work! Meadowridge School offers a comprehensive total compensation package and the opportunity to work with an exceptional community of professionals. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and at least two references (or ability to provide them upon request). Please click on the following link to apply:
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit meadowridgeschool.scouterecruit.net.