Job Description Title: High School English Literature Teacher (Maternity Leave-February 20, 2023 to June 30, 2023, with possibility of extension)
Reports To: Principal
Meadowridge School seeks a visionary, passionate, organized, and hard-working High School English Literature Teacher for a maternity leave. The position is salaried and full-time (1.0 FTE) from February 20, 2023 to June 30, 2023, with the possibility of extension. Assignments will include MYP and DP including Contemporary Indigenous Studies 11. Remuneration is superior for this position and working conditions are as well. You will find the environment to be fun, friendly, and supportive of your efforts.
Meadowridge is an independent, co-educational, secular day school offering an IB education to over 660 students ages 4 to 17 (JK to 12). The school campus is located on a 27-acre, forested parcel of land on the outskirts of Maple Ridge, BC. Our campus and facilities have been carefully designed to align with our connection and appreciation of the natural world. Our physical spaces reflect the importance of movement, play and interaction with the outdoors. Exterior doors from classrooms provide quick access to natural spaces, including a community garden, green houses, a forest with a trail network, and a newly developed campground area. Our play spaces are vast and take into consideration the developmental needs of children.
Meadowridge is also an accredited, IB continuum world school with a well-established Primary Years Programme (PYP), Middle Years Program (MYP), and Diploma Programme (DP). Our teaching faculty are highly trained IB educators, with a growing number of IB Workshop Academy leaders on staff. The IB Learner Profile provides the foundation for character development at our school, while the IB Approaches to Teaching allow for continued pedagogical growth and reflection of our teachers.
In addition to being an IB world school, we are also accredited by the Canadian Accreditation of Independent Schools (CAIS), and the British Columbia Ministry of Education. These organizations compliment the global perspective that is inherent in the IB program, while also helping to ensure we maintain a current and relevant world-class educational experience.
- plan and deliver the core program requirements for their respective grades
- collaboratively plan and deliver International Baccalaureate (IB) Units that incorporate the BC curriculum
- monitor and support student’s academic, co-curricular, and personal growth
- nurture each child to discover their own talents, sense of purpose, sense of self and inner strength
- make an active contribution to our extensive co-curricular programs, and participate fully in the culture of our independent school community
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Education
- valid BC teaching certificate (or eligibility to obtain)
- International Baccalaureate (IB) training and IB experience preferred
- Experience teaching at an independent school environment, an asset
- Must be highly collegial and a collaborative team player willing to work on parallel programming with grade partner
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to establish connections with students, parents, and colleagues
- A strong aptitude in differentiated learning styles and a passion for educating the whole student
- Demonstrated commitment to integrating technology purposefully to transform learning
- Strong knowledge of inquiry-based and project-based learning approaches
- Demonstrated passion for innovation and creativity in education
- Highly reflective and committed to continuous professional growth and improvement
We are an exemplary employer – providing a fun, engaging and supportive place to work! Meadowridge School offers a comprehensive total compensation package and the opportunity to work with an exceptional community of professionals.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only short-listed applicants will be contacted. This position will remain open until filled.
To apply for this job please visit meadowridgeschool.bamboohr.com.