Website & Online Systems Assistant
We are looking for a Website & Online Systems Assistant to work within the Marketing and Communications team to support and maintain the Meadowridge School’s online presence. A large part of this position is the content layout, design, and user experience of the Meadowridge School website and working with our website provider, Finalsite. You will work closely with various areas of the school, including admissions, alumni, development, events, and educational leadership. This position will work closely under the direction and guidance of the Design & Production Manager but ultimately reports to the Director of Marketing & Communications.
Role Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
· Support the Meadowridge School website and additional online properties (i.e. microsites). This includes:
o Create innovative new web pages/layouts and proactively update content as needed.
o Supports the design, production, and evaluation of online communication materials and presentations.
o Utilizing best-practice web principles to create UX-friendly and creative web spaces for our intended audiences.
o Create and send out the school’s weekly eNewsletter (The eGryphon).
o Update and maintain the school’s various online portals in collaboration with the Website & Production Manger.
o In collaboration with the Design & Production Manager, assist with sending out visually pleasing mass emails in accordance with the school’s branding to internal and external stakeholders.
o Add online news, blog, forms, event pages, and other support items as needed.
o Apply appropriate design trends to continuously improve the quality and use of website
o Assist in the creation of brand assets and artwork required for various web projects within the school’s brand guidelines.
o Maintain the organization of images, documents, and files for the web.
· Support set-up and maintenance of various digital systems (online school store, admissions apply portal)
· Collaborate with other departments and staff to plan, support, and implement their online presence.
· Under the direction of the Director of Marketing & Communications and Design & Production Manager, adopt and encourage design guidelines, best practices, and standards for the web.
· Provide user support and troubleshooting in relation to the website, portals, and online systems.
· Analyze and share website analytics to determine strategic effectiveness of PPC and SEO and adjust as needed in collaboration with the Director of Marketing & Communications and Design & Production Manager.
· Assists with school photography, videography, and photo organization as required.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
· Digital design, or related field Degree or Diploma or equivalent amount of experience and certificates
· Strong knowledge of up-to-date web design principles, best practices, and accessibility standards
· Design-forward thinking and experience in producing visually appealing websites
· Proficiency in HTML, CSS, and UX design
· Attention to detail, advanced problem-solving and analytical thinking skills
· Technical acumen and ability to learn new systems and concepts quickly
· Knowledge of SEO practices and experience implementing them
· Understanding Google Analytics, creating reports, and implementing findings
· Proven experience and understanding of designing and implementing responsive web layouts
· Ability to interpret content to provide the best user experience for the intended audience
· Ability to manage many projects and tasks simultaneously
· Creative thinking and problem-solving skills
· Ability to work in an open team environment
· Flexible and adaptive, comfortable with change
· Strong understanding of customer service and the importance of user experience
Considered an asset, but not required:
· Familiarity with Finalsite or Vidigami
· Knowledge of programming languages
· Knowledge of PPC campaigns
All interested applicants should apply here.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. This position will remain open until filled.
To apply for this job please visit meadowridgeschool.bamboohr.com.