Reports to: Operations Manager or Designee
Meadowridge is an independent, non-denominational, co-educational school offering an IB education for students ages 4 to 17 (JK to grade 12), in Maple Ridge, B.C. We are accredited by many agencies (provincial, national, and international) and we work rigorously to provide a world class education. More importantly, we seek to help children reach their potential in an environment of care where they are dignified and treated with kindness.
We have created a just community within the school – one that is shaped by caring and trust, and also clarity of expectation and rules. We have a commitment to supporting communities around the world, because we know that social justice depends upon communities becoming self-sufficient and educated. We want to build a just society.
Meadowridge School is seeking a Maintenance Technician to join our Facilities team which consists of Custodial and Maintenance staff. The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing general building and property maintenance and has experience in, and will maintain HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning), electrical, plumbing, and various mechanical systems and equipment. The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive, and productive maintenance systems, and processes to support the achievement of the site’s operational goals and objectives.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Lock and unlock doors, turn lights on/off, and patrol grounds
- Perform regular preventative maintenance on equipment and facilities
- Assist in the evaluation of equipment functions for the purpose of maintaining facilities and/or complying with mandated health and safety requirements
- Perform a variety of HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and carpentry functions
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, and material handling equipment in performing duties
- Maintain records for the purpose of providing an up-to-date reference trail and/or complying with mandated requirements
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
- Detect faulty operations, and defective material, and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision
- Monitor the need for equipment maintenance and repair.
- Snow Removal (after-hours/weekend work may be required)
Required skills, knowledge, and abilities to succeed in this role:
- High school diploma/GED, completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and Maintenance Coordination experience
- A degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance or building trades certificate of equivalent desirable, but not required
- Highly motivated and able to work independently
- Ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and in writing
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
- Ability to maintain organization of maintenance schedule and files in a changing environment
- Exhibit initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership
- Building trades certificate or equivalent desirable
- Knowledge of local, provincial and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances and legislation
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Able to create alternative solutions to problems
- Excellent time management
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to exercise necessary cost-control measures
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft computer software (e.g. Excel, Word, etc.) and email
- First Aid skills and/or certificates are considered assets
Other Duties as assigned
Physical ability to lift up to 75lb
Work both indoors and outdoors
Will be exposed to construction sites
We are an exemplary employer providing a fun, engaging, and supportive place to work! Meadowridge School offers a comprehensive total compensation package and the opportunity to work with an exceptional community of professionals. Please visit our website for more information about our school.
We thank all for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position will remain open until filled.
To apply for this job please visit meadowridgeschool.bamboohr.com.