Reports to: Athletics Director
Start Date: August 24, 2023
Status: Permanent, Full-time
Meadowridge School is an independent, co-educational, secular day school offering an IB education to over 670 students ages 4 to 17 (JK to 12). The school campus is located on a 27-acre, forested parcel of land on the outskirts of Maple Ridge, BC. Our campus and facilities have been carefully designed to align with our connection and appreciation of the natural world. Our physical spaces reflect the importance of movement, play, and interaction with the outdoors. Exterior doors from classrooms provide quick access to natural spaces, including a community garden, greenhouses, a forest with a trail network, and a newly developed campground area. Our play spaces are vast and take into consideration the developmental needs of children.
Meadowridge is an accredited, IB continuum world school with a well-established Primary Years Programme (PYP), Middle Years Program (MYP), and Diploma Programme (DP). Our teaching faculty are highly trained IB educators, with a growing number of IB Workshop Academy leaders on staff. The IB Learner Profile provides the foundation for character development at our school, while the IB Approaches to Teaching allow for continued pedagogical growth and reflection of our teachers.
In addition to being an IB world school, we are also accredited by the Canadian Accreditation of Independent Schools (CAIS), and the British Columbia Ministry of Education. These organizations complement the global perspective that is inherent in the IB program, while also helping to ensure we maintain a current and relevant world-class educational experience.
Our Mission statement is Learning to live well with others, and for others, in a just community.
The Athletics Associate (AA) oversees the coordination of various programs in the school’s athletic organization appointed by the Athletics Director. The AA promotes the athletics program to all stakeholders and encourages student and staff involvement in that program. The AA works closely with the school’s leadership team, all grades, and the Athletics Director to develop a school-wide Athletics Program that produces strong engagement from our students, staff, and parents to the school’s athletics program. The AA will maintain a strong commitment to inter-school athletics organizations and provide leadership to these bodies through an ongoing commitment to them. This is an exciting opportunity to join a team of committed, passionate, and talented sports people and educators and to help continue our Athletics program on its current upward trajectory of success.
Qualifications, Experience, and Attributes
- Experience in coaching, sports, and organizing or leading sports program
- Degree or Diploma in Sports Science, Physical Education, or related field
- Knowledge of school, district, league, and section guidelines for student athletic program
- Class 4 Driver’s License an asset
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and communication skills
- Organized and self-driven with strong attention to detail
Duties and Responsibilities
PHE Department and Sports Teams:
- mentoring support staff for the Athletics Department and managing associated performance requirements/day to day operations
- Coaching as required to offered programs
- Hosting events as an involved association member
- Assisting in preparation of budgets and allocation of spending
- Overseeing maintenance and planning in conjunction with physical health education including scheduling of gym, equipment, and fields
- Reservations of buses, referees, and stadiums when required
- Arranging travel logistics, creation of calendar and schedule, for teams to attend game
- Ordering and purchasing athletic equipment, sportswear, spirit clothing, trophies/plaques
- Developing and implementing processes and procedures to ensure the department and school remains compliant with athletic rules and regulations
- Communicate with parents regarding team opportunities, policies, sports-related activity field trips and expectations
- Support Athletics Committee and it’s mandate
- Liase with other school committees as necessary
- Creation and responsibility for completion of PO’s, reimbursement forms, invoicing, fee collection (league and tournament), for accounting related to the AD
- Coordinating officials and umpires at games and budgeting associated pay
Other Duties as assigned by the Athletics Director
Meadowridge School provides a fun, engaging, supportive, inclusive place to work and the opportunity to learn and grow with an exceptional community of professionals. We offer a comprehensive total compensation package that includes:
- Extended Health and Dental
- A matching RRSP Program
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Wellness Program including an annual allowance
- Access to the school’s fitness centre and gym
- Acres of forest and trails to explore in
- Social events and staff lunches
- Extensive professional development opportunities
Please visit our website at Meadowridge.bc.ca for more information about our school.
Meadowridge School acknowledges it is located on the ancestral, unceded territory of the Katzie, the Kwantlen, and the Stó:lō First Nation. We value the opportunity to learn, live, play, and share educational experiences on this traditional land. Meadowridge School is committed to building strong meaningful relationships and positive partnerships with all the traditional keepers and stewards of this land.
We thank all for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position will remain open until filled.
To apply for this job please visit meadowridgeschool.bamboohr.com.