Middle School PE/Science Teacher
Aspengrove is an independent, co-educational, International Baccalaureate Continuum school. With approximately 285 students ranging from JK3 up to Grade 12 we strive to provide an exceptional educational experience and a comprehensive co-curricular program.
Aspengrove is situated on 40 acres in Nanaimo BC. We have a newly built Athletic centre with a 16,000 square foot gym, fitness centre and music classrooms. Our campus allows our students to explore their interests in the arts, athletics, academic and outdoor endeavours. Aspengrove teachers create meaningful relationships with their students that often last well beyond their Aspengrove journey.
We are looking for a Middle School PE and Science teacher who will bring a passion for working with young people in these two key areas of our curricular offerings.
Specifically, the responsibilities and qualifications are as follows:
- Work collaboratively on an Middle School team
- Communicate consistently and professionally with students, faculty, school leadership and parents
- Create learning engagements based on the IB MYP, centered on Inquiry Based Learning
- Contribute to the co-curricular life of the school
- Design differentiated lessons to meet the needs of all students while creating a rigorous learning environment
- Commit to continuous professional learning
Qualifications and Attributes:
- Certified BC Teacher
- Subject specific knowledge and experience
- Minimum two years’ teaching experience
- IB training and experience an asset
- Strong knowledge of BC middle school curriculum
- A commitment to inquiry-based, problem-based, and project-based learning
- Ability to build strong rapport with students
- Ability to communicate effectively with parents
- Collaborative and team-focused approach
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong classroom management abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Commitment to student learning and success
- Dynamic and energetic individual who wishes to work in a highly focused environment
Aspengrove School encourages applications from suitably qualified candidates with diverse backgrounds. We value each community member’s identity, perspective, and well-being, and embrace our differences as a sign of strength. We believe in diversity, equity and inclusion and are committed to equal employment opportunities
Thank you very much for all inquiries, we will only contact short listed candidates. Please submit your resume and covering letter to our HR Administrator at k[email protected] no later than Monday, May 8th, 2023.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.