Grade 3 PYP Teacher, 0.2 FTE (1 day/week) starting January 12, 2024
6 month contract
Aspengrove is an independent, co-educational, International Baccalaureate Continuum school. With approximately 285 students ranging from JK3 up to Grade 12 we strive to provide an exceptional educational experience and a comprehensive co-curricular program.
Aspengrove is situated on 40 acres in Nanaimo BC. We have a newly built Athletic centre with a 16,000 square foot gym, fitness centre and music classrooms. Our campus allows our students to explore their interests in the arts, athletics, academic and outdoor endeavours. Aspengrove teachers create meaningful relationships with their students that often last well beyond their Aspengrove journey.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working collaboratively on a PYP team and closely with grade level partner teacher
- Consistent and professional communication with students, faculty and parents
- Creating learning engagements based on the IB PYP centered on Inquiry Based Learning
- Contributing to the co-curricular life of the school
- Ability to differentiate lessons to meet the needs of all students while creating a rigorous learning environment
- Commitment to continuous professional learning
Qualifications will include:
- Certified BC Teacher
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident or current work visa
- IB training and experience an asset
- A commitment to inquiry-based, problem-based, and project-based learning
- Minimum two years’ teaching experience
- Strong knowledge of BC elementary curriculum
- Ability to build strong rapport with students
- Team player who will work to foster an open and positive learning environment
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong classroom management abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Working collaboratively with parents
- Committed to student learning and success and is able to understand the needs of a range of students engaging them as active learners both in and out of the classroom
- Demonstrates a comprehensive range of relevant interests to enrich the learning experiences of all students in and outside of the classroom
- Dynamic and energetic individual who wishes to work in a highly focused environment
Aspengrove School encourages applications from suitably qualified candidates with diverse backgrounds. We value each community member’s identity, perspective, and well-being, and embrace our differences as a sign of strength. We believe in diversity, equity and inclusion and are committed to equal employment opportunities.
Thank you very much for all inquiries, we will only contact short listed candidates. Please submit your resume and covering letter to Karen Webber at [email protected] no later than December 29, 2023.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.