Registered Clinical Counselor or School Counsellor
Aberdeen Hall Preparatory School provides excellent academics, athletics, arts and character education for Preschool to Grade 12 students. Our highly trained faculty receive mentoring and development opportunities to be leading professionals in their fields using cutting-edge classroom technology in a newly built inspiring campus setting.
We welcome applicants who are innovative, progressive, adaptable and passionate about raising the next generation to lead meaningful lives as contributing citizens to their communities.
Aberdeen Hall provides
● Open and collaborative culture
● Well established mentorship program
● Personalized professional development plans
● Innovate and progressive approach to teaching
● Newly built inspiring campus setting
● Low student/teacher ratios
● B.C. Ministry of Education Teaching Certificate or equivalent
● Masters Degree in counselling psychology (or a related discipline with a focus in counselling)
● Experience in an Independent School (asset)
● Computer Skills: Google classroom, docs, sheets, slides and Gmail
The School Counsellor is a member of the Student Life Team and reports to the Director of Wellbeing. The role of the School Counsellor is to support our students in their mental and emotional wellness, as well as academic, personal, and social developments. The School Counsellor will work in collaboration with the students, family/guardians, the school and the larger community to meet individual students’ needs.
The successful applicant will be a team player and participate in extracurricular activities. Aberdeen Hall offers above the grid compensation and excellent long-term potential. We thank all candidates for their time and interest; however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Please forward resume and cover letter that includes first and last name that BC teaching certificate is listed under to: Lisa White, Director of Finance & Human Resources at [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.