Island Pacific School is looking for a creative, committed, and cool middle school teacher for 2023 and beyond who:
- understands and embraces the peculiarities and joys of working with middle school students
- is passionate about teaching!
- can teach: Physical Education, Individuals & Societies, coach Ultimate and take on the role of Athletic Director
- knows their way around educational technology and wants to share their knowledge with others
- loves hiking, rock-climbing, and kayaking with kids
- knows what “Ultimate” is
- has a good sense of humour and an ability to work collaboratively with colleagues
- can leap over buildings in a single bound (OK, maybe just over a cardboard box)
About Island Pacific School
Island Pacific School (IPS) focuses exclusively on meeting the educational needs of adolescents in Grades 6 – 9. Our IB Middle Years Programme, outdoor challenges and community service experiences set students up for the rest of their lives. Housed in a purpose-built, student-friendly facility, IPS is located in the safe community of Bowen Island, BC and offers an enriched curriculum that includes philosophy, reasoning and ethics classes, monthly community service activities and multi-day outdoor expeditions.
With small classes of 15-18 and a total school population of 60-72, you’ll enjoy getting to know both your students and discovering how best to motivate and inspire them. Working with a close-knit team of IB teachers in a highly collaborative environment, you’ll have ample opportunity to expand your teaching practice beyond the school’s walls by taking advantage of nearby forest trails, professional community members and local organizations.
You hold a valid BC Teaching Certificate and are prepared to contribute to the total culture of the school by participating in outdoor expeditions, serving as a homeroom teacher, coaching Ultimate, and becoming a Masterworks advisor. Candidates must hold a Bachelor of Education Degree (or higher). Salary is dependent upon experience and qualifications.
Although the commute from West Vancouver by ferry is only 20 minutes, this role is ideally suited to someone who lives on, or would be willing to relocate to, Bowen Island. Experience with IB MYP would be considered an asset but is not essential.
Intrigued? Apply today!
To apply for this job please visit islandpacific.org.